Non I/c injectors

I think oldestof11 had 9mm injectors turned down to 7mm, so it is possible. All heads 91.5 and up will have 7mm injector holes. The 7 and 9 mm tips don't necessarily have anything to do with the spray pattern.

Yes I did. Worth it? Meh. Small power bump and cost $160 total for injectors and machine work. For that price I got a set of 370s used.

I am saying this cause second gen injectors where they thread onto the line are bigger. My only option is a second gen head so I'm trying to weigh out my best option. We may be doing a ppump swap on it but that's not really in my budget right now. I know intercooled first gen are 7mm but where the lines hook up are they the same? I already have the 9mm injectors so I'm thinkin my best bet is to just have them machined down.

VE injectors all have the same body. P-pumps have the bigger threads. All IC heads are the same 7mm bore.

So will the body of the ve injector fit in the ppump head with machining the tip down? But if I wanted to I could just get a set of 7mm first gen injectors and my lines would all hook up then right?

The body is the part you see sticking out of the head and has the ball on it. The tip is the skinny part below the hexagon on the body.

Tips from all cummins 12v in the dodge applications swap. The non Intercooled had a 9mm diameter tip. All others after had a 7mm. So you could swap them. If you get a 7mm head, you need 7mm tips.

The bodies where the injection lines attach are different from VE to p-pump. You can use any VE body with the VE pump.

Make sense?

The body is the part you see sticking out of the head and has the ball on it. The tip is the skinny part below the hexagon on the body.

Tips from all cummins 12v in the dodge applications swap. The non Intercooled had a 9mm diameter tip. All others after had a 7mm. So you could swap them. If you get a 7mm head, you need 7mm tips.

The bodies where the injection lines attach are different from VE to p-pump. You can use any VE body with the VE pump.

Make sense?

Yes I'm starting to get it. So the 9mm bodies are the same just the tips are bigger correct? And all the bodies are same except where the injection lines attach from p to ve pump?

Yes... I think.

Basically: injectors bodies need to match the pump (VE to VE, p-pump to p-pump) and the tips to the head (9mm to 9mm, 7mm to 7mm).

All 12 valve (dodge application) bodies are the same, except.... p pump have a larger injection line connection, and the non i/c bodies use different internals (intermediate plates,etc..)

Swapping the internals on a "non i/c" body, one can use 7mm nozzles. Also, cutting down the threads on a "p pump" body, one can use a p pump injector. Of course after changing pop pressure.

One can also mill down the 9mm to a 7mm for a direct swap... 89-91 have a 155 spray angle, 91.5-98 are 145 factory.

Back