nozzle question

delong_1

at the end of last year i got some ddp 38lpm nozzles and ran them at world finals, put the motor back together stepped up from a 66/88 to a 76/94 and went with a SoCal Cam ported heads etc. i have not been able to get this thing to run the way i want it to. egts are much higher than stock, rolling into it running a stock tune i can see 1400 degrees then it will drop to 1200ish once the turbos are spooled (60psi) it always hazes even at full boost. the elevation here is 4600' and i am moving to Denver and im just wondering if these nozzles are just too big to be used on a street truck at this elevation?

somtimes, issues with spray pattern can cause exactly what you are talking about. Sluggish power, excessive smoke, slow spool.

Can you verify that you have the correct nozzles?

Zach

Nate, I have very large injectors in the race truck and it has zero smoke at idle. I have a video on my phone, but can't seem to load it on the computer.

These are Don M , F1 injectors and idle/drive very smoothly along with a Socal cam and heads.

Yes, but it was 90 degrees outside at the time so coolant temps at about 100-120 degrees during this video.

Yes, but it was 90 degrees outside at the time so coolant temps at about 100-120 degrees during this video.

Wow! the engine was a little louder than I expected it to be but you could have also have a sensetive phone mic that made it louder than it would be in person.

Back