nv4500 HELP PLEASE

stangman95

Okay Im having some problems and I dont know where to start. couple weeks ago i got in my truck started down the road everything was fine in all gears. roll up to a stop sign pull to neutral then the truck wont go into gear finally get in 5th so i put it in low and limp home. when i took the shifter assembly off the top (in neutral) the stick was in neutral position but the trans was in 1st. the finger that fits into the trans to select gear had jump out of the slot it was in and once i pulled the top off and reinstalled it worked fine.
Yesterday the same type of thing driving fine then boom stuck in 2nd this time. this time though nothing was wrong under the top shifter piece. I got it working after getting pissed and jamming it into gear. I have 1st-4th and rev. It only will go into 3rd and 4th if i give it everything i have to get it there 5th wont work and rev is fine. (5th gear nut is fine) Its like the gates or shift forks are screwed. syncros are new and it doesnt grind at all when shifting.

I know this is a really long post but im clueless as to where to start. any input is greatly appreciated. thanks

either the shift forks or the shifter its self. does the end of the shifter handle look like its rubbing on something like it might be slipping out of the pocket up on top of the forks?

Back