OBS DTC 1995 help

estrada5.9

dc7fd015-bab1-4cb7-948e-5ecf395ce7c4_zps5afe419e.jpg

Did an injector buzz test passed.

Starts hard when cold (Ford cold, as in has not run for a day, not weather related). Fine when warm with rough idle sometimes after starting.

Just changed oil.

Replaced the IPR today because the old one had a cracked edge filter. Not sure how it starts bone cold with everything full of oil. We'll see tomorrow.

Seems to have normal stock hp. Slight slight haze when accelerating WOT.

CEL stays on when its in town. On a 45 minute drive it will shut off for a few minutes then come back on. While the CEL is off it has slightly more power. While the CEL is off it does stutter sometimes usually the CEL comes back on and it runs fine with no stutter then repeats the process though out the drive.

At idle sometimes it runs rough but consistant. If that makes sense.

New parts:
glowplugs
GP relay
lift pump
IPR

Not sure where to go from here.

Thanks, Brendon

Last edited:
Started better this morning. Batteries seem to be on the weak side and was not cranking like I think it should.

No smoke on start up just a slight haze.

I am leaning towards the oil temp sensor possibly being the issue. I drove in town for half an hour or so and then the CEL went out. While it was out it did the normal stuttering and cutting out.

Any 7.3 guru's have some thoughts?

Disconnected oil temp sensor seemed to run smoother.

Going see how it does tomorrow.

No thoughts still eh? Must have two to many cylinders.

Replaced engine oil temperature sensor and it idled smoother but still started harder than it should and still had the CEL.

Lucky for me I picked up an ICP as well. Fixed runs perfect and no more CEL.

Cotton picker is now for sale!

Its runs and starts like it is supposed to now.

ICP was the what cleared the final CEL but every time I replaced something it just kept running better.

Back