OBX Bounty Hunter

DavidTD

DPM
I can't believe I get home from SEMA and don't see a post about the results... :doh:

From what I hear Philip Palmer and Stuckey Racing won the race with Jeff Garmon taking 2nd place.

Philip Palmer ran a best of 6.14 @ 118 mph. :bow: :bow: :rockwoot:

Garmon a best of 6.57 @ 106 mph.

Everyone said the event was a great time and Buck an Jess did a great job with their 1st Bounty Hunter race. :clap: :clap:

Great job guys and can't wait to hear the full report and see some video. :Cheer:

Last edited:
guys it was a great race and a report is coming ,still recouping from the weekend new et record 6.14 ..............

Congrats to the Spruill's for a great event. Sounds like I missed a helluva good time!

6.14 is unreal. Congats to the Stuckey Team. I'll say this, Everyone better have their stuff together this year if Garmon keeps up his consistency.

Last edited:
I bet it was a great event ...the weather must have been perfect.. Congrads to Phillip Palmer.

David, thanks for starting a thread about this event! My apologies for not getting in here sooner!

I want to start off by sincerely thanking Jess and Buck Spruill for all their hard work in putting on this event and to the sponsors that helped put up the money and make it a success.

Secondly, my sincere CONGRATULATIONS to Phillip Palmer and the entire Stuckey Racing Crew for setting the landmark 1/8th mile time of 6.14 @ 118 MPH!!:rockwoot:

As some of you may already know, I was invited to run my daily driver 96' Dodge CTD 12 valve in the "Pro-Street Class" by Jess and Buck. They set a "minimum 1/8th mile E.T." of 7.8 to qualify which I told Jess I knew I could do. In my qualifying run I had a personal best of 7.36 @ 94.69 MPH. Here is a video link for you guys to see if you want to:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FH05ByEyuEc

After qualifying I drew none other than the legendary Jeff Garmon in the first round!! This is a man I have liked and highly respected for a very long time.
Well, we lined up and I had "beginners luck" beating Jeff off the lights and lead until about half track where he "reeled me in" and passed me to win the race. Jeff went 7.4 against my 7.8! Thanks for the race Jeff!:rockwoot: I am honored to have run with you buddy. Here is a link to the race between us although you can't see much as Jeff and I are both pouring out the black smoke from our two old twelve valve trucks! COMP 461 would NOT be happy!:hehe:

Link to race 1/8th mile drag race between John_P and Jeff Garmon:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_w3N02P121c

My Son, John Jr. (banshee) also did real well in the Bracket Class having the lowest E.T. of 8.0 @ 86 MPH in his 2004 Dodge CTD CR, QC, SB 6-SPEED!!!
Congratulations Johnner!!

The weather was great all day and our entire N.C Crew all had a great time.

--------
John_P

Last edited:
Hey I wanted to let you guys know I just checked the video link to the race between Jeff Garmon and me. You will have to put an "underscore" mark like this _ AFTER the first little "v=" mark and before the little "w". The software here underlines the link and I think that may be the problem. If that doesn't work you can also go to www.dieseltruckresource.com, in the "Nat'l and Regional Events" and click on the thread titled; "OBX Bounty Hunter Diesel Drags-Results". DTR Member "35"05' posted the links in his post too.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

-------
John_P

John,

Congrats!!!! :)

I am SO SORRY I missed it!!! :(

New motor was running great...with 400 mi on it, it developed a coolant leak in the oil.....couldn't find it so I pulled it again.......found a cracked front cover AND a cracked main web in the block!!!:banghead:

Be purring in a few weeks though :)

Greg:

Hey buddy, we missed you at the event!!:( I was hoping we could finally meet in person and sit down and talk diesels together!:rockwoot:

Sorry to hear you had troubles with your truck but I know you will get it all worked out! Looking forward to seeing you at Kentucky Event though.

The "Caltrac Traction Bars" made a HUGE difference on my truck Greg! I cut 2/10ths off my last 1/8th mile time, added about 1.4 MPH and cut the 60 ft. time from 1.75 to 1.65. I am very pleased with them!

--------
John_P

Please tell me there is video somewhere

Tim:

What's the matter, you don't like the video of my runs??:hehe:
Just kidding buddy!:rockwoot:

Try this link Tim:

http://youtube.com/results?search_query=creswell+nc+strip&search=Sean

Our friend Chet took a bunch of video there and I believe Stuckey's run is in his file. If that doesn't work, go over to www.dieseltruckresource.com and go to "Nat'l and Regional Events" and click on the thread titled: "OBX Bounty Hunter Diesel Drags-Results" started by me, and go down to Chets (35"05')
post where there is the same link. I know that one works Tim. Also I think Wade from ATS got a video of it so I will call him and get him to post it up here for us.

--------
John_P

Back