Odd Holsets

Rods

Turbo Crasher
Buddy of mine collects Holsets so I picked 2 up to try and these r odd from what I'v seen one is a HX52 (not pro) inside the turbine is says 13 and its small , the other is a H2F and a undived 9 cm well thats whats stamped inside I tried the H2F and it doesnt spool good only got 30lbs but egts were 800 max on injectors only , im tryen the 52 tomorrow

I like the wheel on the H2F curved I dunno if they flow better than straight or not ??? and it has a wastgate on the turbine housing

Attachments

• P1010215.JPG
    P1010215.JPG
    114.2 KB · Views: 51
  • P1010216.JPG
    P1010216.JPG
    98.4 KB · Views: 39
  • P1010217.JPG
    P1010217.JPG
    105.6 KB · Views: 50
only 63mm didnt measure the turbine , yeah it was kinda a teard but my divider on the manifold is cut out so that hurts it I'm going to pull it off to c if I can fit a regular H2E housing on

The smallest H2E housing that I have foung is 17 Cam off of L10s and some
H2C..
Dale

Yeah i have a bunch of those and this is twice as small well skinny by looking at them from the side u can c some difference but looking down the 9cm is really narrow , BTW I got the H2F making good boost (map sensor was unpluged) and tho it exploded a compressor wheel @ 50lbs i guess the wastegate is set to hi bummer I'l get some pics up

Last edited:
Hey rod great thread, this might help some also identify a turbo if you happen to be wandering around a big truck junk yard, we have a few of these in town, just no time to wander around them.

I'v spent hours @ a local diesel junk yard here and I'v found some some hard to find turbos , one is a HX50 with the 67mm wheels basicaly looks like the H2 only with the big wheels its still on the engine , the guy who i got these off of has one too hes got a S400 VG that hes putting on his 94 pulling truck the thing tho is almost 2 feet long .. The turbo I grenated was a HX50 based but also had a water cooled center pretty rare I guess the turbo list for 2200$ but I got it far less I hope the turbo shop can salvage it

Back