Oil in Fuel!!

frodo2222

Frodo2222
I'm a old fart just trying to drive around in my 93 ..however I need some help..I have a 93 5.9 cummins...it is getting fuel in the oil..started a little over the course of 2000 miles now last time I towed heavy it went up 3.5 quarts over in 250 miles while towing 12000 up 5000 feet..drove fine no smoke or issues.Starts right up in half a sec.

So far I've put in a new LPHV fuel pump and changed to make sure that was not the issue, had the injectors and IP off and checked by THD both came out fine...tested radiator for fluorocarbon fumes..none found 3 different times
The top radiator hose hard the next day but no oil In water or weird smoke when engine running.

I'm Leaning towards a blown head gasket that is allowing fuel to oil passage but not blown to the coolant ones..
Has anyone ever hear of this or do you have any other ideas as to what else it could be.:bang

It doesn't smoke at start up or when driving except when under really heavy acceleration and then just a bit of black smoke which is pretty normal.

ANY help as to what it could cause the fuel in the oil after me eliminating all of the above would be great or if you've had this happen with a partial head gasket and the fuel in oil issue.
TIA

First guess would be the front seal in the injection pump. How much fuel pressure?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

The likely options on a VE engine are the front pump seal and the seal on the lift pump.

I can't see it being possible for a head gasket to be the problem.

The likely options on a VE engine are the front pump seal and the seal on the lift pump.

I can't see it being possible for a head gasket to be the problem.

I can tell you for sure it is not a head gasket.

One of those 2 seals in the fuel system will be the culprit, change the lift pump first, it's cheaper.

Chris

Back