Oil in Water on a 7.3

J

johndeere1

A buddy of mine has a 00 F-250 with the 7.3 and we are finding oil in the water and not too sure how it is getting there, and ford can't figure it out either. Any suggestions on what it could be or where to look

Have you put a new oil cooler in yet? If not that is where i would start. Reason being, if it is cracked internally your oil pressure is higher than your cooling system pressure. Therefore the oil is pushing its way into the cooling system. Thats a start anyway, hope this helps. Brian

yea i bet its your oil cooler had to replace mine on my 03 7.3

I don't know how many miles on the truck but here is what a member from another forum told me.

Call Bob Guzzle at the dieselorings.com website. He was a lot of help for me. He said if it had hi miles to change the whole cooler. If not just replace the O rings.

When you make the change it is a good idea to 3 or 4 flushes with Calgon dish soap till the water runs clear.

Hope this helps you.

Yeah the truck has 180*** on it we did the oil cooler and he is running it now so we will see what happends, thanks for the input

If you are still getting oil in the water, you need to replace the injector cups.

I believe that would be a fuel in the coolant issue if it was injector cups

Back