Oil ?

opper_boy

Just Past New
What kind of motor oil do y'all use in your tdi's. My wife has a 02 jetta auto. I do my own oil changes but that's on the cummins. I read more and more how picky these cars are. I do love the 45 miles a gallon. Plus I need the info on the egr delete. Thanks in advance.

I've been running Mobil 15 40 full synthetic in mine, no issues so far.

EGR delete is pretty easy, takes three things, time, welder and VAG COM. There are several very good writeups on this at the TDI club, just do a forum search. If you don't have a welder available gimme a shout, I should still have some of the flanges laying around I could work up.

I've been running Mobil 15 40 full synthetic in mine, no issues so far.

EGR delete is pretty easy, takes three things, time, welder and VAG COM. There are several very good writeups on this at the TDI club, just do a forum search. If you don't have a welder available gimme a shout, I should still have some of the flanges laying around I could work up.

Thanks billysgoat for the input. I run rotella in my truck. I figured that would of been to thick for that litte engine. What kind of flang r u talking about. I did do a forum search couldn't find much. Maybe I'm not looking in the right place.

When you do the EGR delete you remove pretty much all of the associated junk, cooler, tubes to and from etc. What I do is cut the tubing from some of the exhaust flow pieces and weld a piece of steel over the hole. Use two of these to block off the holes in both manifolds. Then go to the parts house to find the right hose to route around the EGR cooler. It should take you about 4 hours or so to do and is really pretty easy once you get in and look at it.

I ran rotella in my TDI and the cam lobes wore very badly, so bad it destroyed the lifters. Now I use Schaeffer's 5w-40 synthetic9000. Whatever you decide to use, make sure it meets or exceeds euro spec 505.01 !!!!

Back