OM 617 Dyno results

Most automatic 300D/TD/CD/SD's have been showing in the 75-90hp range at the wheels.

KTA - thanks for posting your results! Sounds like the old 5-cylinder is running very well.

On edit: here's the link to the dyno run - the forum software hacked your link...
video

Beers,

Matt

Sweet. I have a pair of 124, OM603's Im building myself! Good work KTA

Soup: What are your goals for the OM603's you'll be building up?
Other than having weak cylinder heads, those are very good engines.

I'm still on the hunt for a turbo OM606 for future use, but here in the US those only came in W210 cars in '98, '99 only - so they're rare and slightly $.

Beers,

Matt

It keeps rev'ing. And revs some more. And more. 5k? Ludicrous speed!

If you look at the dyno sheet I stopped the pulls at 5200rpm and it was still pulling good then, the governor doesn't cut till 5800 but I haven't the nerve to spin it past gov cut yet. LOL This is my 200,000mile daily driver I have to be easy on it. :) I am just happy I can now keep up with a stock jetta TDI in my boat. Oh yeah :rockwoot: I would love to have an OM606 but my old OM617 has been tough as nails and trusty as all get out, I love the car.

i have found a bunch of 0m606's on ebay recently.... Ive watched a few videos of this engine in the e190 and its a monster.... "0m606 holset 50 etcetc..." 12.6 in the 1/4. How do you pump up the power in these babies.. i know the IP in on the 0m606 is electronically controlled...so chips, tuners, vag com???

Mauri H. over in Finland is offering fully built and tuned OM606's capable of 400hp+ out of the crate for $11,000.

I might have rebuilt OM606 superturbodiesel engine for sale.

Has lots of goodies inside, ported cylinder head, ceramic coatings (2 different on cylinder head and 2 different in pistons), Arrow - steelrods, stronger crankshaft bolts, new intake manifold, Mynadiesel modified pump with 7 mm elements and few special parts. Also has new valves, precombustion chambers, injector tips, stiffer valvesprings, new bearings etc etc.

Engine is still to be finished, so you can effect to what is is going to be like. Also the pump can be modified to fit to your requirements. With these parts the engine is good for some REAL power.

Price is of course dependable of the setup, with the above mentioned one, it is around 11 000 $

PM me or send mail to: om606turbo (removethis) @gmail dot com
On this side of the pond, I put my modified OM617 on the dyno in February. It includes the VNT turbo, A-A intercooler, modified intake manifold with runners, 4-speed manual, 3.46 rear end, No ALDA or EGR, 28*BTDC injection timing, stock 2.5" exhaust system and stock internal injection pump settings.

Notice the boost scale starts at 7psi @ 2000rpm, thanks to the VNT turbo. :ft:

Attachments

• LMN Dyno 2-11-08 graph.jpg
    LMN Dyno 2-11-08 graph.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 34
There is just something disturbing about the image of a John Deere Kentucky boy tooling around in a Mercedes......:cheer:

How do you pump up the power in these babies.. i know the IP in on the 0m606 is electronically controlled...so chips, tuners, vag com???

The "superturbos" use an "M" or "MW" series injection pump out of an OM603 - which is 100% mechanical injection.

The guys overseas (and here in the US) are goo-goo and gah-gah for pumps built by Myna Diesel in Finland...but I'm thoroughly convinced that we could do some pretty amazing things if someone had the gumption to send one over to CDS...

Beers,

Matt

i agree im sure somone in North America could get that pump really flowing for much less than 2000-3000 and having to ship the IP.

I've got a couple spare MW pumps and one M pump on my workbench as soon as we can figure something out.

Back