Opened some virgin eyes today...

joefarmer said:
I drug my 'smelly diesel farm truck' to the local ColumbusRacing dyno day today. :hehe: No one suspected the John Deere mudflaps were worth any HP, but they managed to lay down 485/749 on fuel (stupid marine ppump) and 591/1058 on spray. The best part was coming home to this post on columbusracing.com:

"...IPS dyno record for torque was set by Brandon Miller (joefarmer) with his Dodge diesel, at 591rwhp/1058rwtq and he managed to blow away part of the garage door (30 feet up) with his exhaust"

I blew the alarm sensor off the garage door just north of 2900 rpm on the second pull. Had alot of people freaked out with the smoke. LOL The good news is that we're invited back whenever we want, as long as the smoke can escape the building. Plus, IPS has nitrous refills. :woohoo: I'll post the graph as soon as they email it over. The curve looks excellent, >500hp from ~2500-3900, exactly the range of my valve body.

brandon.

Dang Brandon, if ya would've came up to ours, you would've taken first place!!! LOL great numbers man:clap: :rockwoot: :tree:

Yeah...my cam does a great job...too bad someone stole it and is using it in their truck:doh: :doh:

Chris:st:

Chris, I may be seeing a pattern here.
Is this the same someone that also busted a turbocharger that belonged to you?

:shake: :wrong: :eek:wned: :bang :thankyou2: :hehe: :rules: :rules: *bdh* :clap: :doh: :poke: :poke: :poke: :poke: :poke: :umno: :umno: :umno: :badidea: :badidea: :badidea: :badidea: :badidea: :badidea:

Snedge said:

Yep...ain't I a nice (although retarded) guy:bang :bang

One of these days, I'll get all my parts back from the guys making the big power...then I'll have a monster!

Oh well...If I had it I'd just push my engine harder and it would probably hate me anyway*nx*

Chris:evil

Snedge said:
Yeah...my cam does a great job...too bad someone stole it and is using it in their truck:doh: :doh:

Chris:st:

I think I have most of his parts back to him right now. It's not my fault he keeps saying 'yeah, you can use one of my 12 turbos laying around". :hehe:

bnranod.

crzycowboy said:
Dang Brandon, if ya would've came up to ours, you would've taken first place!!! LOL great numbers man:clap: :rockwoot: :tree:
Yeah, I know. I would have had to been trailered back home though. The timing pointer caught my tach-pickup magnets and I drove home with no tach, lights, alternator and the tranny in limp mode. :doh:

brnaond.

joefarmer said:
I think I have most of his parts back to him right now. It's not my fault he keeps saying 'yeah, you can use one of my 12 turbos laying around". :hehe:

bnranod.

Yeah, use...not blow up!:hehe:

Chris

good numbers, i wonder why the trq. number was so low??? hope to see some better numbers after the FASS install and some DDP stage 4 injectors.

wes

wdimig said:
good numbers, i wonder why the trq. number was so low??? hope to see some better numbers after the FASS install and some DDP stage 4 injectors.

wes
Torque numbers are low to make the engine last longer at it's potential power levels. AFAIK, torque is related to peak cylinder pressure and peak cylinder pressure in this engine has been moderately reduced.

bnraond.

lukecline said:
nice sticker on the tailgate i need one of those! LOL
PM me your address, I think I have one left.

I also got the graphs today. Here's the 590/1058 run.

brnaond.

Attachments

• 0428dyno.gif
    0428dyno.gif
    19 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
:bang :bang :bang :bang I just saw the fuel only run with the x-axis set to wheel speed. No wonder it felt like it had alot left to go at 128mph... :rockwoot:

bnraond.

Attachments

• 0428dyno_speed.gif
    0428dyno_speed.gif
    19.4 KB · Views: 31
joefarmer said:
:bang :bang :bang :bang I just saw the fuel only run with the x-axis set to wheel speed. No wonder it felt like it had alot left to go at 128mph... :rockwoot:

bnraond.

holy 160 mph brandon! nice numbers! :rockwoot:

if i can squezze those kind of numbers out of my 24v i will be happy...

joefarmer said:

bnraond.

That's gettin' here up there...although you have a way to go to top the wheelspeed of that gasser puller at last years spring dyno day...what was that, 224mph or something??

Chris

I got the video from Mike today... I think mine runs a little warm...
[MEDIA]http://www.firepunk.com/albums/98misc/0428dyno_movie.wmv[/MEDIA]

brnaodn.

Back