Opinons on 12 valve cummins..

Fummins350

I have a 94 12 valve cummins and i want to pull street modified class and trying to get ideas and what turbo, injectors, what to do to the pump and what else to do to the motor. Right now i have 5x14 injectors, studded, 165 valve springs, hd push rods, .024 dvs, 4k gs, dual disk clutch, 18 degree timing, t4 stainless manifold, and just want ideas of what would be good.

. A maximum weight of 8500 lbs.

. 2.6 non bushing turbo only. No twins permitted. Turbo will be a 2.6 non bushing charger with a round, smooth, non tapered bore for a minimum of ¾ of an inch.
. The turbo wheel must protrude into the ¾ of in inch straight bore a minimum of 1/8 of an inch.

A protrusion 2.6 class..
More injector, more pump, more rpm, more timing.
Port and polish the head..

How competitive were you trying to be?

Im tryin to be a little competitive and maybe grow from there... I know i need a bigger turbo and injectors just tryin to figure out a good set up. I plan on havin the pump turned up. Im just tryin to get ideas and what i should get to make the truck pull strong

Honestly man, theres plenty of this info on here. Just gotta search it. Saying you're wondering on what a good set-up is pretty vague and a tall order. Honestly every truck is different and so is every track. Hell, each time you hook is different. The guys that have good running setups have done it through lots of trial and error. Have you pulled before? In particular with this truck? Maybe I missed it but whats the turbo you're running right now?

13mm, 5x25's, HX60, built motor, weighted clutch, air to water intercooler...... then you'll start getting competitive

And from someone who's been there, save your money and built when you can build it the way you want. If you half a$$ build it now and go out and get beat all the time you'll get frustrated and build it bigger then you will lose money on the parts like injectors and turbos ect. You may not have the money to go all out now but you will be money ahead to save and wait until you can. Just my 2 cents

Yea i been runnin stock class right now and if i do a turbo i have to step up to the next class... Im from pennsylvania and the most i have pulled with my truck is 279ft. Right now i have a he351cw on my truck but im just tryin to play more. I have 410 gears with 33s and im runnin a zf5 speed trans...

Back