Oppion of AutoEnginuity OBD2 for me.

jd3rdnoah

Let me start by saying I am new to diesels. Other than minor repairs and tuneups I have not done my own mechanical work scence the mid 70's. I have just purchased a 2001 F-350 Dually.
The shop I just had my truck at had a scanner of a different brand and he started out saying the HPOP was bad. Then said the IPR, Then 1 injector, Then another injector. I bought all new injectors at that point. Then he got it to start. let it idle for 15 minutes and it through a rod (it was ruff but just idling). Lots of smoke but I expeted that from changing the injectors. I purchased a used motor with 115K miles and it is now installed in it.

From everything I have been reading the AutoEnginuity is the best for checking things on these trucks.

My question is if I had a AutoEnginuity could I have saved trouble by checking it before he started working on it? If the truck won't start will it show the things that are bad? Will I be able to understand what it is telling me?

With what I have spent I could have been well on the way to having purchased a long block instead of a used motor.

I am thinking it would be a good investment to have one with the Ford (EI01) 1995-2009 bundle.

Any and all input would be appreciated.

I have it use it all the time. after the sale service excellent, (IE my laptop was stolen). sent an email told them about it, they sent me the link AND the unlock code! I was impressed, I fully expected them to charge me for the upgrade. NOPE!

P.S. you will need the ford enhanced software!

Back