P pump 24v pistons

Rollin Coal02

Tearing my engine down this winter for a full rebuild and I verified my assumption I was spraying outside the bowl. I have stock HO pistons and been running 28* timing. What can a guy do to get the spray inside the bowl?

BFD6B025-1D9E-4C96-913B-749DC445DE51.jpg

Also anyone have any idea why my truck keeps blowing oil seals out of my primary turbo? Too much oil?

Last edited:
^ Ditto what injector angle are you running? How you have your oil return lines setup? A resricted return can blow seals.

1996 Dodge Ram 2500, ATO performance auto trans, Griffin radiator, Banks twin ram, 5" straight pipe.

Finding out what my injector angle is.

I have a 7/8? Hose to the block off the turbo.

I have some cr 24v pistons with valve reliefs cut for sale

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

That's what I was thinking with the wider bowl. But everything I have been reading everyone says to stay away from them...

That's what I was thinking with the wider bowl. But everything I have been reading everyone says to stay away from them...

Hmm....
Better stay away from them. It's always best to do what everyone says.

You are correct. I wouldn't recommend running those pistons either. We've had the best luck running SO Pistons and a thin injector washer. The 03-04 Pistons work well with some bowl work also.

Haisley machined bowl on SO pistons for me they worked great at 1000 hp 35 degree timing .. Use thin injector washers. I'm sure there others even members of comp d that can cut your pistons for you ...

If you do decide to use the '04.5-07 piston you should use an injector with a cone angle to match, which a standard VP cone angle will not achieve.

Why wouldn't you recommend them?

For your application that will work best. From our experience 04.5+ bowl even with matching spray angle runs hotter with more smoke than that of a matched set from the previously stated pistons. If this was an all out puller I might recommend the later of the two.

Back