P-pump drag racers.

I'm wondering if there might be something blocking the internal pump drain. I've got some serious blowby on my truck and I've never had a problem pushing oil out of anywhere but my valve cover vents, for the longest time I wasn't running a restricted pump feed either. It sounds to me like there's another factor.

Ok I just checked a few things.
The check valve on the evap is closed
The ppump with the truck off I can blow in the vent and hear it in the front cover
If I start the truck and rev to 1500,2000 2500 I do not get any oil from anwhere
If I do a boosted launch In my driveway i will put oil in the catch can from the pump, not a lot but I will have some oil in there.

I have a feeling some sled pullers are chuckling and not commenting because Jeff said drag racers and not just racer or pullers.. All replies are welcome lol

Guessing during the "launch" gravity is throwing oil to the back of the pump and out the AFC vent.

You could fill the pump up with oil thru your afc vent line, with it not running, just to verify it drains. Sure you've probably tried that, but would verify if its a drain issue or crank case pressure issue.

The problem is the crazy carl fitting is too big and overfilling the pump. You'll need to weld or braze the fitting shut and drill out a smaller hole, get a small drill bit first since you most likely don't have a 0.025" drill in-stock...

The outside pump oil feed is wide open meaning it gets oil full time, the inside pump oil feed is blocked half the time. I'll bet if you ran thicker oil at higher pressure like 100 psi at idle, it would come out your vent after idling a minute or two.

Why are people not just getting oem cummins fittings?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why are people not just getting oem cummins fittings?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The OEM fitting is even larger, and more of problem when the pump is fed from the outside port, vs the factory designed port on the engine block side of the pump.

I would have never guessed there would be a problem with Carl's fitting until it occurred in our shop, and was fixed with a substantially smaller orifice.

Back