p pump issues

Diesel92

So I recently p pumped my truck and it ran good for awhile would blow right through a 600 hp single disk. Now it has lower power and takes a while to even hit 1100 egts it and will only slip the clutch a little and won't hit 70 psi till 3500 rpm. has a 160 pump with 5ks and no plate but tuned afc 7mm dvs and 7x12 injectors still at vp pressures timing is 23 degrees. Air is a ported he351 over race s475 also 55 psi fuel pressure. Any input on this would be great thanks

i was/am having an issue with the rack not going to full fuel once in awhile. haven't gotten the truck back to get it sorted out.

Fuel filters are new? How's your smoke when trying to spool and at full boost?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smoke is a little more than a haze but not blacking stuff out when there's low boost when it's full Boost basically no smoke it also smokes white when I first start it. Brand new filters fuel pressure stays at a constant 55 the whole way through the rpms. I was gonna check the rack here soon also add some clicks to the gov springs right now they only have 3 clicks. Also it blows a lot off oil haze out the blow by at high rpm but has zero blow by at idle. I was told they are know for this.

I did when this started so I'll check again checked rack travel it has full travel I tighten the gov springs so we will see if that helps. I heard running vp pop pressure retards timing 3 degrees I understand it would. do to not popping open the injector till higher pressure is reached but is it really as much as 3 degrees?

Well set the timing to 28 degrees I think it's a little much a dd haha I'm gonna bring it back to 25. but it runs a little better up in the rpms also the tighter gov springs helped it rained so can't tell for sure we'll see tomorrow.

Check the shut of arm make sure it's going off all the way .. Afc is working correctly ? Sounds like a 10mm pump what the pump #s.. It's not timing if smoke is not issue .

Yep afc is working it's a 160 pump and the fuel shut of is going off the whole way

Got timing set at 25 degrees now runs a lot better but it's still blowing a lot of oil out the breather at high rpms but has very little to no blow by at idle. Are they just known for this do i nees extra breather?? If not. I definitely don't think rings. It doesn't burn oil. Or head gasket not mixing fluids. Maybe bad injector copper washer?

Got timing set at 25 degrees now runs a lot better but it's still blowing a lot of oil out the breather at high rpms but has very little to no blow by at idle. Are they just known for this do i nees extra breather?? If not. I definitely don't think rings. It doesn't burn oil. Or head gasket not mixing fluids. Maybe bad injector copper washer?

sorry if i missed it but using the front breather or a 12v tappet cover?

sorry if i missed it but using the front breather or a 12v tappet cover?

This.

If you use the 24v front cover with the breather at that location, you'll have what seems like more oil from the breather tube because of the pump design.

Yes still front breather.

oil drain for the pump is at the front right behind the breather. some have problems some do not. i chose to use a billet tappet cover and billet timing cover. breathers are in the tappet cover like a 12v.

Back