P2146 code

99sportcummins

Diesel Enthusiast
I'm trying to help a friend out that has an 07 5.9 that is throwing a p2146 code. The cel came on while driving and truck started running crappy. He had it towed and looked at. They told him it had a bad injector but they didn't know which one and it would be $4000 to replace all of them. He ended up having it towed to his house and asked me to look at it. I checked ohms on the injector harness and all were .5-.7 except number 3 and it was around 2. So I pulled valve cover and checked each injector but didn't disconnect from harness cause it started to storm. Injector 3 was the only one over 1 ohm. I think its the solenoid, but will not removing harness mess up my ohms reading?

Also check and make sure it’s not the harness itself can also cause this and throw things off as well and can make it seems like one or more injectors aren’t working just something to watch out for.

We replaced the number 3 injector solenoid and valve cover gasket. It starts now but missing and still throwing p2146 code. I'm starting to think its the ecm or engine harness. Any other thoughts?

Back