P3000 P-pump on Cummins

Jniem2.6

I was wondering if anyone has tired to put a p3000 on a Cummins instead of a p7100 I got a sweet deal on a 13mm p3000 I’d say all I would need is a 12v gear and I would be good? Let me know, thanks

I ran a P3000 for years on my limited pro truck and it was perfectly fine. Won a lot of events with it. Scheid has the pump gear for it. Otherwise it bolts on.

whats different on the pump gear? I've pulled one off a motor, and installed a ppump and ran it no problems. Used the same gear.

I was reading some stuff about a p3000 gear shaft is smaller then a p7100 but thanks for all the information and help!

whats different on the pump gear? I've pulled one off a motor, and installed a ppump and ran it no problems. Used the same gear.

Yeah the 3000 has a smaller diameter shaft. No way you straight swapped it must have been the same pump coming on or off.

The main way to tell its a 3000 is that the bottom of the pump has a big plate on it verses the 7100 has a set of freeze plugs, and the 3000 also has screw in plugs on the side where you would insert the tool to compress the plungers, verses the 7100 which has freeze plugs there as well.

maybe I'm mistaken. are the bus pumps ppumps, or 3000's?

Both the P7100 and P3000 are "P Pumps" but school bus Cummins engines were defiantly available with 7100's. I know that many were the 190hp P7100

I’m a newbie. I’ll try to upload some pictures of my ppump later, whatever information I can get on it I’d appreciate,

It will work just fine. Some p3000's have the same size shaft as p7100(30mm) but most do not. You will only need a hub to bolt to gear if you have the small shaft(25mm). Hope this helps.

Another question picking my brain is if I use a 5.9 crank in a 6.7 block, can I just get a set of rods .08 longer, and uses a stock size 6.7 piston? I’m using a 12v head for my build to.

Back