Paint chipping on intercooler

wildman6bt

Diesel = Broke
The paint is starting to come off my intercooler and my AC condenser. So I was wondering what kind of paint stripper I could use. I'll repaint the condenser but probably leave the intercooler bare and polish it. So I need recommendations on paint and stripper LOL. Hope you can help. I seen a thread on this but I couldn't find it again.

Easy off oven Cleaner or a home a/c a-coil (condenser) acid. To strip the paint. The oven cheaner is the less drastic one and I would start with that first. For paint I just use engine enamel.

on aluminum you have to make sure to rinse any stripper off completely, with warm soapy water if you can, or else you will have a hell of a time polishing it up, the condensor will be tough as they are very fragile, and any high pressure from a pressure washer can and will bend the crap out of the fins. I just re spray mine every once in a while on all my vehicles with some trim black to make them look new again.

When shops repaint radiators, they use a flat black paint. Otherwise, it plugs off the fins, and well you can guess what happens.

Back