PDR stupid p-pump

clearock

To start I do not know a lot about anything just enough to get in trouble, I picked up a guys project and with it came a PDR2110050 stupid pump. His goal was 800hp as where my goal is a 500hp DD. From what I've been able to read/find I'll need to sell/trade this pump for something that moves less fuel for my goals... I'm trying to make sure this is correct before I do said, or can someone point me towards some better info.

Attachments

• P6120318.jpg
    P6120318.jpg
    327.4 KB · Views: 0
  • P6120316.jpg
    P6120316.jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 0
A stock pump will support 500 HP just fine with minor upgrades like 4k governor springs and afc mods or tuning upgrades like AFC LIVE. Those PDD Stupid Pumps were old school pump technology with custom cam and 13mm pump elements, much better cam and pump technology available today, but even with the old technology it's still overkill for a 500HP street engine.

To start I do not know a lot about anything just enough to get in trouble, I picked up a guys project and with it came a PDR2110050 stupid pump. His goal was 800hp as where my goal is a 500hp DD. From what I've been able to read/find I'll need to sell/trade this pump for something that moves less fuel for my goals... I'm trying to make sure this is correct before I do said, or can someone point me towards some better info.

When we built the PDR stupid pumps back in the day, generally they flowed 325cc’s with no boost reference line hooked up to AFC and would make 500hp. With boost reference line hooked up, min of 700cc’s at 21degs timing.
If you are going to run it in your DD (I ran one for years) make sure you have a min of 5x14 inj’s.

Back