Peened and polished 12v rods

Jeffrey Weeks

Whose ran them? Any luck? 1000HP seem logical? I’ve seen decent prices of the apex brand worked over 12v rods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I seen them 1500 plus no issues in high rpm engines .. low rpm common rail with nos 1200 would be a max

Whose ran them? Any luck? 1000HP seem logical? I’ve seen decent prices of the apex brand worked over 12v rods.

IMO, I would either run stock 12v rods or billet. I wouldn't spend the money on dressing up a set of 12v rods, just put that towards a set of billet. Only reason polished and peened rods were a thing is because its all we had back when billet rods weren't an option.

Weather you need billet rods or not really depends more on torque than hp. Most get away with stock rods on a big single, but if you plan on running a smaller compound setup at 1000hp, I would go billet.

IMO, I would either run stock 12v rods or billet. I wouldn't spend the money on dressing up a set of 12v rods, just put that towards a set of billet. Only reason polished and peened rods were a thing is because its all we had back when billet rods weren't an option.

Weather you need billet rods or not really depends more on torque than hp. Most get away with stock rods on a big single, but if you plan on running a smaller compound setup at 1000hp, I would go billet.

So I guess just arp rod bolts and send it. It’s a single charger.

So I guess just arp rod bolts and send it. It’s a single charger.

That’s what I did on mine. Turns 5000+ in the burnout everypass. And I’m spraying a lot no problems yet.

That’s what I did on mine. Turns 5000+ in the burnout everypass. And I’m spraying a lot no problems yet.

What times have you put down with your setup?

What times have you put down with your setup?

I’ve been 6.92@103 in 1/8. I probably don’t make 800hp but I spray a lot. It’s took a .061 and a .136 on two stages a few passes now with no trouble

I’ve been 6.92@103 with a slipping trans . I probably didn’t make 700hp but I spray a lot. It’s took a .061 and a .136 on two stages a few passes now with no trouble

Back