Picking injectors

Jbat

Okay so I know that typically when buying new (stock) injectors that they need to match the piston (CPL) to get the most efficiency out of them. So when buying aftermarket injectors, namely POD, are they matched or is it just a generic setup that works decent? Is there any advantage to getting custom aftermarket ones that are matched to the piston?

POD's are great cheap power but they are very smokey and won't net you great mileage because they are designed for a different engine. I believe they are for some type of VW that uses the Bosch VE pump. They aren't the correct spray angle and are only 4 hole injectors. It is true that you need to match the injector to the piston but it's all off of spray angle. Non intercooled first gens use a 155* injector and intercooled first gens and all other 12 valves use 145* injectors. Most companies who make injectors design them to be the correct spray angle so there's no need to get "custom" ones because they are correct for the piston anyway. I would get some 5x12's instead of POD's. You'll get better fuel mileage and more efficient power.

POD's are great cheap power but they are very smokey and won't net you great mileage because they are designed for a different engine. I believe they are for some type of VW that uses the Bosch VE pump. They aren't the correct spray angle and are only 4 hole injectors. It is true that you need to match the injector to the piston but it's all off of spray angle. Non intercooled first gens use a 155* injector and intercooled first gens and all other 12 valves use 145* injectors. Most companies who make injectors design them to be the correct spray angle so there's no need to get "custom" ones because they are correct for the piston anyway. I would get some 5x12's instead of POD's. You'll get better fuel mileage and more efficient power.

Excellent, thanks for the advice. Any company you would recommend for the 5x12s?

Back