PLEASE HELP!!!! 6.0 PSD / 5r110 torqshift transmission

Powerstroke6.0

Hi Everybody

I got an 04 6.0 PSD with the 5r110 torqshift transmission.

Back in December i put a cheap torque converter, which yes i know big mistake.

Anyway i was cruising in ocean city, MD this weekend for a big car show and im pretty sure i blew the torque converter. it wont move until about 1800 RPM'S.

My question is, is it true that when they blow up they mess the rest of transmissions.

I got a guy that bulletproofs the transmissions pretty cheap if i take it out.

Hes charging me $1800.00 including a new torque convertor.

Please let me know.

Thank you.

You went cheap the first time....how'd that go? Not good.

So you decide to take the cheap route again...how do you think that will go?

Im not going the cheap route again i don't know what a good price is. That price is because hes a good friend of a friend but im trying to make the right choice this time.
I learned my lesson trust me.

My question was do the transmission get screwed when the torque convertors go bad.

Im not going the cheap route again i don't know what a good price is. That price is because hes a good friend of a friend but im trying to make the right choice this time.
I learned my lesson trust me.

My question was do the transmission get screwed when the torque convertors go bad.

When anything in a automatic transmission goes bad it CAN not always but can ruin the rest of the trans depending on how much debris was sent through the transmission. The 1800$ seems to good to be true and when it seems that way it usually is, need to know what parts he is using and that he is a decent trans builder before you spend more money. For a decent trans look to spend around 4k.

A decent torque converter by itself is going to be in the $1000 neighborhood. And you're gonna want the trans gone thru completely and cleaned so if any debris did get in there it won't mess anything else up. Clean lines, replace cooler, etc...

Back