Please help!!!

Strictly Diesel

Comp Diesel Sponsor
Please Help! It looks like the State of Arizona will be cancelling the lease for the land that Speedworld Motorplex sits on. It is not currently known how long Speedworld will be able to remain open as negotiations are still ongoing. Speedworld is attempting to keep the drag strip open through April (about 120 days) so it can complete the spring schedule and not have to back out of all of the events that are already being promoted...like the 6th Annual NHRDA Desert Diesel Nationals (our race). Speedworld needs our help!

We need to let the State of Arizona know that Speedworld is not just a "Race Track". Speedworld has provided families and friends a place to bond through motorsports, helped to teach sportsmanship to young and old alike and provided a safe and legal place for performance enthusiasts to test their vehicles without breaking the law or endangering other motorists or pedestrians on the street. Speedworld has provided income for hospitality businesses (hotels and restaurants) in the area for many years, and the employees at Speedworld will not be the only ones hurt by the closure.

Please, if you have ever been to Speedworld to race or spectate, or if you were considering coming to Speedworld to attend our upcoming race or any other event, help us out! Write a short letter to our Governor asking for her help in resolving this situation and keeping Speedworld open and in it's current location. Obviously the largest impact is felt by those of us here in the Phoenix area, but we need our friends that have traveled from other states or countries to help us make the case for Speedworlds impact in the local economy, we need our Governor to see that Speedworld really does bring in racers and spectators from outside of Arizona.

Below is all of the contact information I have for Arizona Governor Jan Brewer. Please, take a few minutes and let her know why you feel it's important to keep Speedworld open!

US Mail:
The Honorable Janice K. Brewer
Arizona Governor
Executive Tower
1700 West Washington Street
Phoenix, AZ 85007

E-Mail:
Official Website of Arizona State Governor Janice K. Brewer - Contact Us

Facebook (you can't post, but you can message):
https://www.facebook.com/GovJanBrewer

Telephone:
(602) 542-4331

We seriously need people to take action, and we're only asking for a few minutes to write a letter and a few cents for a stamp...or a quick electronic message.

Thank You!
Everyone at Strictly Diesel

I agree Dennis lets send a bunch of emails and or facebook the Govenor.

Especially all the compettitors that are out of the state of Arizona that come to Speedworld, we want them to see that this event attracts people from all over the USA and Canada.

I am sending an email as soon as i am done posting here.

On a side note we did talk to the racetrack and April is the soonest that something will happen so we are fully preparing to still have our season opener this year at Speedworld on March 2nd.

Sent an email back in Dec.... sending another one now

Sate and Federal bureaucracy are the biggest joke sometimes.....this is one of those. Once Speedworld is gone, that land will probably get used for jack shiit. Way to chase off a revenue generator.:bang

Thanks to EVERYONE that is sending messages!!!

More... Speedworlds Fate Subject to Appeals Process

The land where Speedworld is located is actually part of the Luke Air Force Base auxillary field, my understanding is that they can't just build anything they want there. I don't think it has anything to do with wanting to use it for something else. I don't know for sure, but my guess is that the State cancelled the lease because the track has not been able to make the County happy with regard to permits and requirements they are making. Unfortunately, some of the county requirements can't be met (as in someone at the county says do X but when they talk to county engineers they are told it's not possible and won't be approved). It's a mess...and the owner of the track has spent a fortune trying to deal with it.

Randy...great to hear that we are still ON for March!

Back