Popping noise....what do you think it is?

Random thought, but can it be a plunger in the pump trying to stick?

John was you able to data log your fuel pressure on that pass? Thats what it sounds like to me. I think I remember you running the A1000 like I did; I heard the Altered sounding flat at the top of each gear during last weeks testing. Racepak showed the A1000 was finally tired and not near keeping up any more. 75psi at the hit and would pull down into the teens before the second gear pull. Also make sure you have pleanty of vent in that fuel tank, big fuel pumps like lots of vent. Might also check your valve springs for the heck of it but it sounds fuel related to me; good luck

Ryan

Im going with valve springs...I tested the injectors & they are fine. The fuel psi is at 45-48 under full load. I am getting some greasy stuff in the intake as well. We are running more boost & rpm`s as well....
How did you like that spool up Ryan? The clutch is the bomb...Fun to drive

John was you able to data log your fuel pressure on that pass? Thats what it sounds like to me. I think I remember you running the A1000 like I did; I heard the Altered sounding flat at the top of each gear during last weeks testing. Racepak showed the A1000 was finally tired and not near keeping up any more. 75psi at the hit and would pull down into the teens before the second gear pull. Also make sure you have pleanty of vent in that fuel tank, big fuel pumps like lots of vent. Might also check your valve springs for the heck of it but it sounds fuel related to me; good luck

Ryan

Im running dual fass pumps & they are holding up fine.

how much boost is it making during the burnout @ 5500?

The springs should be ok to 7500, but with high boost this number goes down. You could try some heavier springs. I am certain the ceramic tappets and steel cam will be fine with more pressure. I dont have anything here at the shop that will work "right now" but I could put you something together in the next few weeks. I also have a brand new tappet I would like to get some feedback on. It was made specifically for the steel cams. I would like to send these over and have you run them this season and give me a report on their wear at the middle and end of the season.

As a side note: there are stiffer tappet springs available from Bosch for the P7100 pump in case you have a plunger bouncing. The heavier 13mm or 14mm plungers are more prone to bounce with the stock 180 and 215 tappet springs at higher RPM. The biggest issue is increased wear of the roller tappet and pump cam at elevated RPM.

Too much water at lower boost? or injector/pump.

Last edited:
Egts are 1100 on the ends & 1400 in the middle. ? I might try a short launch with no water & see what she does then.

how much boost is it making during the burnout @ 5500?

The springs should be ok to 7500, but with high boost this number goes down. You could try some heavier springs. I am certain the ceramic tappets and steel cam will be fine with more pressure. I dont have anything here at the shop that will work "right now" but I could put you something together in the next few weeks. I also have a brand new tappet I would like to get some feedback on. It was made specifically for the steel cams. I would like to send these over and have you run them this season and give me a report on their wear at the middle and end of the season.

As a side note: there are stiffer tappet springs available from Bosch for the P7100 pump in case you have a plunger bouncing. The heavier 13mm or
14mm plungers are more prone to bounce with the stock 180 and 215 tappet springs at higher RPM. The biggest issue is increased wear of the roller tappet and pump cam at elevated RPM.

Boost is at 110 don...I will call ya tomorrow. We ran a leak down today & I may have some bent exhaust valves.

Back