Ported intake manifold

darsey715

I'm having my studs done in mid-June along with ITP's RR kit and was wondering about buying a used 2003 intake manifold and having it ported. What do some of you big power guys think about this? Would there be much of a gain in doing this? I'm sure there is a benefit but I'm only interested in a power benefit. Also, if I did go through with it how much could I expect to pay to have them ported? Any ideas on that. Thanks for any input and opinions guys. (yea I posted this on the org also but I know there are people like rich that post here and not there)

I also found some right and left exhaust manifolds for 50 bucks. Same questions apply to those.

Save your money and wait for headers to come out for the 6.0L.

As far as the intake...we have a "Pressured" intake manifold, where it does not rely on the piston to "Pull" the fuel and air into the cylinder. It is "Force Fed", and porting, as said by Josh, is another waste for the amount gained...if any.
I'm sure some will argue that it makes power, but unless you are aimed at about 1000hp...you aren't going to gain enough for the price.

Oh...and if you can get an '04+ intake, it would be better than your '03.

great. thanks guys! I'll save my money. extended power, for headers you mean the exhaust manifolds correct?

Yes, I mean the exhaust manifolds.
BBunting was talking awhile ago about getting some made up...not sure what become of it though...
If I get my manifolds coated, and wrapped, I'm sure the headers would be avialable the following week...:bang:hehe:

Headers are out now...you just gotta know where to look. They're not cheap.
For the intake manifold Id get an 05 or newer and have it hot tanked to clean it really well. An old one with tons of soot in it would suck...those things fill up bad. 03 and 04 manifolds make a complete cirle...05/\ are U shaped.
I personally like the idea of a ported or sheet metal intake but the cost probably isn't user friendly. Any time you can move more air is good whether its a boosted or an n/a motor. The problem with porting a stocker is inthe way the bolts pass through it...it doesnt leave room
to remove much material.

allright who has headers or diffrent exh manifolds i need some to go with my new up pipes im getting from igotit

Headers are out now...you just gotta know where to look. They're not cheap.
For the intake manifold Id get an 05 or newer and have it hot tanked to clean it really well. An old one with tons of soot in it would suck...those things fill up bad. 03 and 04 manifolds make a complete cirle...05/\ are U shaped.

not true. my 04 intake is horseshoe. 03 were the only circle shaped ones.

not true. my 04 intake is horseshoe. 03 were the only circle shaped ones.

It was another mid 04 split... my early 04 has the circle.....late 04's don't.
It's considered an 05 intake.

BigD...comtact DI Performance for info on the headers. Look in the vendor section.

rich. what in the hell ever happened to your tinted tail lights man!? lol completely forgot about that.

rich. what in the hell ever happened to your tinted tail lights man!? lol completely forgot about that.

I actually talked to Doug tonight about getting my recons and bringing them to TS for me....believe me I haven't forgotten. LOL

And DI Performance is Diesel Innovations in Houston. 713-984-9441

Back