Power steering and brake issues.

Ja564rm80

On my 05 sled puller dedicated 2.6 truck we had a power steering leak early this year. Replaced the pump and resivor with a new (reman) pump. At the time of replacing the pump the breaks where weak also. Once we replaced the pump and line that goes from the bottom of the power steering pump to the hydro boost we bleed the brakes and have a firm pedal when truck is off. Well after running the truck for a bit to warm it up and turning the wheel a bit we started building boost and as we brought the rpms up the power steering pump was pushing oil out of the cap in the resivor. The resivor was under a lot of pressure. At the same time the brake pedal started to fade and we where loosing the brakes. Really stumped at this point as what to check or do next. Any ideas?

Sucking air, getting into oil and causing weak pedal and making oil overflow out of fill cap.

Where are possible places for it to be sucking air from? I would love to get rid of all of this stuff but already blew past my budget this winter lol

Where are possible places for it to be sucking air from? I would love to get rid of all of this stuff but already blew past my budget this winter lol

Not being bled properly to start with will cause air intrusion and foaming of the fluid.

The way I and many other bleed the pump is to put the front on jack stands and work the steering back and forth as many times as you can handle and then some.

With hydroboost it becomes more of a hassle given the fluid must make its way up hill to the booster.

Now when I start it and move the wheel side to side no bubbles or foaming. No pressure even. It only seems to build pressure as the rpms go up. It has me stumped!

Back