power steering and brakes issue

Hillshire

Tonight I was with the guys at my buddies place. We were sitting out in his barn, just catching up. My truck was parked on the side of the barn. WE got a call about a fire that was starting to get outta hand. So we all jumped in our vehicles to get there as quick as we could to provide assistance. Well i jumped in my truck fired her up and started a U turn. Where i was parked the road was rough and there were some big bumps. In haste to get help to my friends with the fire, I was turning around while in a bit of a hurry, and as I was making the sharp turn I was going over the bumps. Then my power steering went out. Once on the road, I then noticed my brakes were out as well. Pulled over and popped my hood. Steam or smoke (not sure which, due to the fact that this was at 10:30 at night, and didn't have a very good light) was coming from the are where the power steering fluid is at. Also noticed that there was fluid (I'm assuming power steering fluid) Splattered around the power steering fill, on the pipe coming of the turbo, and there was splattered fluid on the piece of plastic to the left of the fan.

Im hoping that just a line ruptured. Any thought and ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

sounds like you have a busted line that sprayed hot exhaust....

Check the lines where they run down next to the shock tower..I've seen them rub in the area before.

found my problem. a line coming out of the bottom of the powersteering fluid fill has the O-rings in it go out. pulled out one of the IC pipes and went to autozone and got the entire replacement line. running great now, thanks!

Back