power stroke problems and Im not a PS guy

revolutiondsl

Cat buys my Cummins parts
Where I work we have 3 powerstrokes and 2 of them have problems
The 2000 F550 has an exhaust leak from the right manifold to the turbo pedestal. Where is the best place to get the pipe. The main problem with this truck is the lack of power at times sometimes it runs good then all of a sudden it will be gutless Ive changed fuel filters and air filter but Im thinking its a wastegate or the part that warms the engine up faster. (cant remember what its called)

The other truck is a 2001 F350 and will not start if its under 40 Im sure it needs glow plugs and I need to check the controller where is it located so I can narrow it down to what I need.

The owner is very bad at maintenence and doesnt like to spend any money so he doesnt like to go to the dealer all the time and Im the only guy that works on anything

the first one sounds like it has ebpv valve issue..hopefully others will chime in on the rest of your issues

For the first one sounds like the EBPV valve is sticking, also is the up pipe cracked or are the donuts just leaking? You can get the bellowed up pipes from international if they do need replaced

The second sounds like bad GPs or relay

the 550 the up pipe is busted and how should I go about checing the EBPV to verify my problem without a scanner or dealer tools. I was reading the 7.3 Bible a little but can which way on that valve is on and which way is off so I can tell and if it is sticking do I replace the valve or rebuild it.

the 550 the up pipe is busted and how should I go about checing the EBPV to verify my problem without a scanner or dealer tools. I was reading the 7.3 Bible a little but can which way on that valve is on and which way is off so I can tell and if it is sticking do I replace the valve or rebuild it.

Id try unplugging the EBPV first and seeing if it makes a difference, the valve is on the exhaust housing side of the turbo where the downpipe clamps, then you have the actuator rod that goes to the pedistal, I cut the valve out of mine and cut the rod off to eliminate any of those issues, didnt help my truck warm up at all

Also I noticed your in lafayette, Im at Purdue

Id try unplugging the EBPV first and seeing if it makes a difference, the valve is on the exhaust housing side of the turbo where the downpipe clamps, then you have the actuator rod that goes to the pedistal, I cut the valve out of mine and cut the rod off to eliminate any of those issues, didnt help my truck warm up at all

Also I noticed your in lafayette, Im at Purdue

OK ill try that hopefully it works. I live on Beck lane close to old 231 about 4.5 miles from campus Im sure Ive seen you around

OK ill try that hopefully it works. I live on Beck lane close to old 231 about 4.5 miles from campus Im sure Ive seen you around

yeah before I took the valve out I just kept it unplugged, i hate the ebpv.

I live on the corner of grant and northwestern, Im sure we've driven by eachother, my old truck is in my avatar, this is my new truck
P1010620-1.jpg

OK like I said Im not a PS guy the EBP valve is on the back of the pedestal and the sensor is on the front of the engine. do you unplug the sensor or the valve and when you take the valve off just leave the actuator on or what

Ive seen that truck before I like the new style fords. My gf's dad has a 2010 F250 CC SB with a 6.4 what a nice truck but its a nightmare under the hood

Theres an old pic of mine looks pretty much the same except smoked lights and dont run the 20s in the winter

Attachments

• the rig.jpg
    the rig.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 5
OK like I said Im not a PS guy the EBP valve is on the back of the pedestal and the sensor is on the front of the engine. do you unplug the sensor or the valve and when you take the valve off just leave the actuator on or what

Ive seen that truck before I like the new style fords. My gf's dad has a 2010 F250 CC SB with a 6.4 what a nice truck but its a nightmare under the hood

Theres an old pic of mine looks pretty much the same except smoked lights and dont run the 20s in the winter

yeah I didnt like the new style at first but I really like them now, Im pretty sure Ive seen your truck as well. what I did was unplug the sensor on the front of the engine, then you have the actuator on the pedistal and the valve on the exhaust housing that bolts to the downpipe. I also unhooked the actuator rod from the valve and when I cut the valve out just put a freeze plug in where the valve would rotate on the housing that it was in.

Back