PPE Programmer and DPF

straightpiperor

I have a buddy that installed a ppe on his 6.4...runs good but it never says that it is going into the regen mode....after he left it on there for a couple weeks he took it back to stock and it had a check engine light and reduced power....and it would never regen...took it to the dealership and they said th dpf was clogged and they cleaned it out...all is good just worried to put the ppe back on it.....anyone else running one....thanks mike

well, everybody that bought one for a Cummins is usually SOL, so it wouldn't surprise me if that was the case. Honestly had no idea they had 6.4 tuning

Sounds as though the tuning from the unit caused the DPF to clog up. Anytime you run an aggressive tuner on a DPF equipped truck you run the risk of that happening. Not sure why the truck wouldn't regen though. I'd have him call PPE and get some info on that.

Do you know what tune he ran it on? How was his mileage when running it?

he ran it on both....tow tune for a week returned it to stock and it was in regen a lot....after a week back at stock he went with the performance tune....ran it for a week and went back to stock....it then wouldnt ever get it cleaned out again...Just sucks if you cant leave it in the truck...every few days return to stock that sucks....mpg's he said went up 1-2 nothing to great...was wondering if anynone else had one and maybe it was just a bad unit maybe???

Back