Problematic 6.0. I need help!!!

BigJake

I posted this on powerstroke nation. Maybe someone her can help me out.

I have just taken over a 2004 f450 that just has had a bunch of work and money put into it. Had a new ficm, egr delete, new up pipes, new icp sensor, had the turbo cleaned, and had an sct program installed that I only run on the lowest tune, the tow setting I believe. I have had nothing but good things to say about this truck since I was very hesitant about the 6.0, until the other day.

I was on my way home from work and I stopped at the store to grab a few things. I shut the truck off walk on the store about 5 minutes later I try to start it and it just cranks. So I unhooked the icp sensor and still no start. I plug the icp sensor back in, unhook the glow plug controller, give it a shot of ether and the truck is back up and running. So I'm thinking it must have a HPOP leak somewhere.

That's nothing to uncommon I figured I'd have a HPOP leak eventually. But while I was driving the truck home the gauges and the radio quit working. It seemed like whenever I let off the throttle and was below a certain rpm the gauges and radio would start working again. As soon as I give it throttle I hear a click and out the go. Could this all be related to the HPOP?

Battery saver relay in the dash cluster controls those functions on the dash and radio. There are places online that rebuild them.

I would say it is not related.

My gauges went goofy when my IPR went on mine. Dont know why

Okay that makes sense. It seems like the only time that the gauges work is when it is idling or not calling for oil to the injectors. I guess I'll try replacing the IPR. Thanks.

Bigjake Welcome to world of 6.0 powerstrokes!!! That is a weird problem that I have heard others have the same issues but i have not seen in person. Last truck I heard to have issues like that had a melted wiring harness. I hope you have better luck!!

I would invest in a scangauge II. They are cheap and have all types of x-gauges you can use to monitor your 6.0, I would start with that and see what your IPR is doing.

Back