Project "Black Magic" 2005 F250 Harley Davidson 6.7 Cummins "Warp Tuned"

jets-n-diesel

Project "Black Magic" 2005 F250 Harley Davidson 6.7 Cummins "Warp Tuned"

I don't usually post but i think this would be of interest to some. The title says it all, swapping a 30K miles 2012 6.7 Cummins engine into my newly acquired 05 F250 Harley Davidson truck. Truck showed 132k miles on the clock but it looked like the last owner was not keeping up with fuel system maintenance as he should. The fuel bowl showed lots of dirt had made it past the filter in the fuel pump module, which caused the #5 injector to fail by petting compression back into the fuel system( the injector washer and seals were good, that was my first guess). Once I pulled the injectors i saw that the mesh screens on the #5 had all gone into the injector causing a failure.

Originally Bought the Cummins engine and swap part for my 2003 6.0 Crew Cab Lariat Dually but even with 270K mile on that truck, It runs great. The 03 was a 1 owner truck when I got it and the previous really kept up the the maintenance on it so that one will be left alone. I have more pics and video but they are trapped in my other phone that broke 3 days ago, so I had to give in and buy a new phone.

Attachments

• 20160609_210940.jpg
    20160609_210940.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Thanks all, could hardly wait for the weather to break so I could tackle this. Pulled my calibration using the MM3 and sent it out to the programmer. Did lots of checking and readjustments today. The exhaust manifold and S467 had to be remove and flipped upwards in order to clear the AC/Heater box. Will need to order a 1 inch spacer and studs to remount the turbo. More to come...

Attachments

• Pulling my calibration and tune using the MM3 - Copy.jpg
    Pulling my calibration and tune using the MM3 - Copy.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 20160610_182441.jpg
    20160610_182441.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Besides all the necessary sensors, what does the Commonrail need to run alone? Just 12V+ to the ECM?

Besides all the necessary sensors, what does the Commonrail need to run alone? Just 12V+ to the ECM?
You can need a RaceME tuner with "destroked" software installedto be able to run the ECM as a standalone. I'm using the TIPM, skim module and absolutely module former a 2008 because I'm going to hook up cruise control.

Back