Project T-35:Ram 3500 Dump Truck

:thankyou2:

The last update was 2.5 year ago ....:hehe:, ´

At the end of summer I brougt 99 Ram 2500 parts truck (now is porject truck) and also 2003 Ram 3500 for parts

attachment.php

This tuck will donate frame ,rear axle driveshafts and 271 transfercase to my dump truck project.

With the frame swap I should get stronger frame and longer wheelbase (from 131 to 163), I want to install hydraulic crane between the cab and bed
Something like this:

attachment.php

Also I have idea to convert the tilting dump bed to hooklift bed, buy or make by myself snowplow

Attachments

• raami doonor.JPG
    raami doonor.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 22685629.jpg
    22685629.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 0
Astross I don'tknow how i missed this until now. That sucks about the damage that someone had to lie about. It looks like its coming along good so far thou. It will be a nice set up when you get it done i think with the crane in there and a dump bed. Are you going to leave that dump bed on it or put a actually flatbed on it and use the hydru. from the dump bed?

I think for beginning I will use dump bed, but ....... the hook lift bed will be even nicer :drive:

I have too many good ideas, too many projects and too less money and time

Here is how the truck should look visually , just copy-paste with Microsoft Paint.

Extended cab, small crane between cab and dump bed, sitting on extended 3rd gen frame

Attachments

• kraana rami.bmp
    772.5 KB · Views: 0
small crane to his truck.
I have a job offer for this truck if he could completed it by spring this year. :poke: :pop:

Attachments

• kraana1.JPG
    kraana1.JPG
    84.3 KB · Views: 0
  • kraana2.JPG
    kraana2.JPG
    78 KB · Views: 0
The Hiab 026T crane is now in my workshop, with little modification (add one extra arm /boom) it should fill my needs.

The best part its hydro over electric, no need PTO and this means I can use DLD transfercase.

Now I should have almost all parts to start assenbly.

I think it's time to update :evil

Like I mention before, I will swap the cab, bed and crane to 3rd gen frame.

Thanks to this modification the orginal dump truck frame and rear axle will be useless.

Now I decided to build 6 wheel (original size tires) 4wd, single cab race tuck ,the truck must be ready before 7 July.

This truck build parts will be barroved from my different projects and after race the truck will be disassembled again , so lets see how fast I can go.

The cab and dump bed is now removed from frame, the bed will go to 3rd gen frame and frame will be used 65 day truck build- I will make new thread for it in correct racing section.

The dump bed is very heavy, during the removad I had funny situation

Pictures will be added tomorrow. :evil

Last edited:
And pictures:

The bed was heavy, thanks to scap metal and lots of water, when I lift the bed from frame and start moving , the water start splacing and reposition the balance centere, the result was this :
attachment.php

:evil

and fre more pictures
attachment.php

attachment.php

This will be end of the stock frame/suspension/bed era, new build will be based on 3rd gen frame.

Attachments

• 30042012279.jpg
    30042012279.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5884.JPG
    IMG_5884.JPG
    114.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5880.JPG
    IMG_5880.JPG
    111.7 KB · Views: 0
Thanks

I am super fast with my projects.... :lolly:

So with one year I have done:
1. I sold the repaired Cummins engine from this truck in summer
2. trade the 3rd gen 3500 4x4 frame to 3rd gen 2wd frame to use it my Hot rod truck project
3. Brought 2nd gen extended cab shell and 4wd frame

Last 6 months I have wait my friend to extend my spare Extended Cab frame to use ExtendedCab, crane between cab and my dump bed. The truck will be very looooooong.

I tried to find comfortable seating position in regular cab, but it looks like I am too big and only way was swap/ change the cab to extended cab.
My truck originally was with regular cab.

Today i installed tires to 00-02Ram stock aluminium wheels, they will be used in front as singles ( no dually wheels or adapters)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 0
Is there a population over there of guys doing stuff like you are? It seems incredibly lucky to find bare frames in EU that you can actually use.

Looks like tomorrow is the day what I have waited almost one year: the frame will be extended.
I will be post pictures when it' s done

Solid front 2wd?? Interesting. It didn't come this way from the factory did it?

The solid front was with C&C truck only if 2wd was ordered.

And installed the cab from donor truck no 3
attachment.php

:hehe:

The space between the cab and bed are for the crane

Last edited:
Back