Prostock Duramax S10 from England

just transbrake and the other 2 are converter lockup, which as you can hear from the video the input shaft broke on that run, I've stopped videoing my runs like that now as I thought it was brining me bad luck.

just transbrake and the other 2 are converter lockup, which as you can hear from the video the input shaft broke on that run, I've stopped videoing my runs like that now as I thought it was brining me bad luck.

Ever put it on the chassis dyno? You seem like one of the few racers who might have both numbers. I'd be curious about the drivetrain loss.

Chris is doing a run of Aermet input shafts right now if you need a spare to the 300m.

Sorry I've had it on the Chassis dyno but not done any real power pulls,
I log something like 20 channels with my RPM logger so can see all we need after a run, stuff like 300F out of the high turbo 65 to 75F out of the intercooler in to the motor

John, what year 4l80e case are you running? I don't how different the larger overdrive roller clutch on the older case will make VS the new cases when making a power. Also what hard parts are a must upgrade to hold the torque that the diesels make. My plan is to stick one be a duramax in a 2wd in a truck under 4500 pounds.

John, what year 4l80e case are you running? I don't how different the larger overdrive roller clutch on the older case will make VS the new cases when making a power. Also what hard parts are a must upgrade to hold the torque that the diesels make. My plan is to stick one be a duramax in a 2wd in a truck under 4500 pounds.

Input, converter, vb, and 36 element sprag are a must. Depends on power after that.

I added John's truck to the quick Duramax list it's sits at #7 with an 8.469 @ 166.20. Next time I update the list I'll add the 0.20 to the MPH as I didn't have that info with I added it.

Both are tough to get with out overdrive, with a 400 i loaded a 2.90 gear for a NHRDA race in La. Just one time, i went 167.xx mph and was not gear bound but it killed my first half numbers. Then sheared off the 35 spline pinion and went back to my other ratio.

I did the exact same thing in the truck once exp it was a 3.00 pro gear. Made 2 nice back half runs then sheared the pinion off at the seal. Went right back with my fav gear for that setup and never hurt another tranny, conv., or gear set. Tall gears add crazy load

Last edited:
it's a 95 case with all CK stuff, TCI valve body,3.00 gear 33 tall tire, and yes it loads it up but it needs it ,just locking the converter up gives me 10psi more boost at the top end,
I have try other valve bodies looking for the latest trick on the block but nothing has come close to the TCI one for me. transbrake locks up great, I can bump into stage with 35+psi of boost job done.

So pleased to be on the fast list, and to be on fuel only, not used the gas yet

Last edited:
Known john for a while. Good to see his efforts on facebook. Trans problems are part of racing unfortunately. Stay safe!

Is your first 2 gears the same as the 400, 2.48 then 1.48? Are you leaving in 2nd off the brake, they have that option in thier brake these days.
i hated the 2.48 low there was no way to shift 2nd fast enough in my Altered it was always gearbound there untill i started using 2nd to leave. The ratio was better but had to foot brake that gear back then and that sucked. I would have loved the 2.10

good job on the truck

I ran a srt cut set of of a th475 out of an old concrete truck, thier strong but the gearing sucked. 2.10 would be sweet. The quicker you are the more of a problem it is. It was great in my Black C10

I may be lookin into a 2.10 set with the 3.90 pro gears and 33" tire. 2nd gear is gonna come fast.

Back