pullers....12v underhood wiring problems cleanup

maddmudder13

so in my 95 mud truck i cleaned up the engine bay getting rid of unessicary wires. i layed out wire harness and starting snipping wires. my was to have alt/tach/oil/coolantemp/radio/speedo/ lights and windows work. i cut out grid heater, intake air temp, neutral saftey switch, lockup, a/c wires, fuel shutoff solenoid, fuel heater and other misc stuff it dont need to run. wired back up and alt is not charging, speedo/tach are not working, this truck also has a remote start and has tach signal device, wired in with remote start. am i missing a power wire or ground possibly?

Probably lost a ground or something somewhere. Those symptoms are typically the signs of a bad computer... Since it was just working before you chopped it up I'd guess you cut off a ground somewhere maybe.

ill trace my wires gain but im thinking something is screwy with the remote start boxes, it has three of them and contains about 20 wires going to it bunch of nonsense if you ask me.

i want the speedo to tell tire speed and useful for trans slip if it slipping or if the tires are spinning , its a mud race truck ill post some videoes for the ones interested.

i would remove all the remote start boxes. Why does it need 3?
why does a mud truck need remote start?

Why would you just decide, "Hey, I'm going to pop my hood and remove some wires I don't need." while there are 3 remote start boxes under there?

Should've left it alone.........

the boxes are under the dash hanging around down by your feet, the one has some of the starter wires tied into it, but i have no idea why there is a tach signal box tied into the remote start system,

the truck dont need remote start i just dont wanna remove it and have open wires that go to the pcm or dash.

anyone have a schamatic of under hood wiring?

Yes look in a shop manual for your truck, I just did the same except I de-pinned all the wires I did not need. Hook all the grounds up and mine works perfect with half the wiring.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

ok got the diagrams and should be able to get it to work now, just hope i dont run into problems with the remote start, but here is a video of the racing ill be doing with it. just going to be in stock class this year to see how it does, no one has ran a diesel before and i wanna show they can compete too, with a nice stream of smoke in the process....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWhMHmpNvjY"]Mid Iowa Mud Head - YouTube[/ame] enjoy...............

The remote start needs input from the tach so it knows when the motor is actually started to stop powering the starter.

Kind of a tounge twister. :lolly:

Back