Pyro gauge malfunction

trainharder1

blk03qclb
My pyro gauge is very sporatic. Its an autometer and it will fluctuate between 0 and whatever it wants to. Do i ohm test the thermal coupler? Or is there a way to test the gauge?

Man I got the same issue I even got a new gauge and replaced the whole unit and it still does this from time to time
And this issue just come about in the last month or so I've had thease gauges since 05 with no issue till now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Yeah i don't know whats up with this!! Its fracking annoying. I am going to tear it all apart and clean and test what i can. I'll let ya know if i find anything that gets mine goin again.

I had the same problem and the probe in the manifold was the problem. replaced the pyro probe and all is good.

Joe

I had the same problem and the probe in the manifold was the problem. replaced the pyro probe and all is good.

Joe

Yeh I tried that all new gauge and wiring as well as probe still does it from time to time I'm beginning to think it is an auotometer issue

I'll start with the probe and head from there. Hope its not an autometer issue here. Will soon find out.

Ok check the ground wire don't have any splices in it make sure sand down a clean spot where u have it hooked bolted ext. run a little dy electric grease on it and works awsome

My auto meter pyro likes to start in random places. Sometimes it"s normal sometimes it's buried on the back side of the peg. I want factory match so I'll be replacing all the pillar guages before long so I haven't tried to diagnose the problem. Curios to see what's going on with them though.

Got it figured out the leads by the probe can not be close together they send weird signals to eachother causing the gauge to malfunction

Back