question about a dmax

73stroke99

I am going to look at an 05 with auto trans. What engine is in it? lb7? also what are the weak points on this engine if i want a good durable 550 hp at the ground?

thanks
Chancey

The 05 should have the LLY engine. Weak links are they are prone to overheating. That can be fixed by upgrading stuff with the LBZ, shrouds and intak stuff. Radiator FAn and such.

Some say teh rods are only good for 500HP but I know some that have surpassed that number greatly on stock internals so

'05 would be an LLY, to make a good reliable 550 you are pushing rods/studs. You can make that kind of power on a stock engine, but depending on tuning you'll be flirting with disaster. How many miles are on it?

LLY, rods will live for a while at 550 as will the pistons. You'll have to run a lot of pulse width though.

Mines been over 500rwhp for the last year and a half and daily driven without any internal engine mods.. It will cost you a little more to get there with an LLY as opposed to a LBZ/LMM but if the price of the truck is right, buy it!! 05's are good trucks.......

You will need a built trans, a 4" exhaust, shimmed PRV, and a bigger turbo to get 550 rwhp. Most LLY's are safe at that power level. 650 and up is where you're going to need rods.

I've got a question and not trying to take over thread...He may want to know as well..

If I bought an LBZ and wanted a 500-550 dailey driver / towing vehicle for the Interceptor, How much would I be looking at totall money spent??

Exhaust
Intake
FASS / Air Dog
EFI ( have someone create several tunes with a a selector switch)

Is a CP3 mod ness.???
What else for that hp level?

Not worried about the trans...Jeff could handle that..

EFI V2 $800 you usually gety a tune or two witht the purchase of the V2.
I'm not sure a DSP switch (multiple tune selector) I know Guy is selling them at SoCal. As for additional tunes it depends on the tuner, I have seen people charge anywhere from 50 bucks to 350 bucks a tune. It really depends on what kinda of tune it is and who does it. I used Mcrats race tuine in my LBZ and it runs awsome.

LBZ intakes are good for 500-550 hp stock. Exhaust MBRP 4 inch turbo back is 399. I would shim the FPRV and add a lift pump, gauges and tranny and you will be good to go, the CP3 doesn't need any help tell the 600 RWHP level IMO. LBZ do have a habit of cracking pistons at the big power levels but I beleive poor tuning has alot to do with that.

Back