Question about Chevrolet door panels

weazel

5th gear killer
Ok so got the dash skeleton in my 88 from my 04 donor. Went to close the doors, and the door panels smash the dash.

Question is, will door panels from an 04 or so year model work on the older body style trucks? In the years ranges of 88-98? I don't really want to cut the door panels if I don't have to. Plus I'd rather use the newer style panels if they will easily bolt up..

I just found a future project. Has someone done a writeup on it?

Will those snap/screw onto the old Chevy doors 4thesporty?

Yes they will, but I believe there is one brace missing. It's been a ling time since I have done it. I might be thinking of only the rear doors on crews/suburbans.

Ok. And they work just fine with spacing between the door and the dash? Thanks for the info.

I'm away from home for the week and only have my phone for searching (sucks). Find a gmt400 regular cab step side with a dmax swap done to it. It has the interior pics you want.

Here's the only interior pic of that truck I could find quickly...

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 0
Is that the red truck that has the lb7 in it? The one that sells that duramax swap book from dieselplace? If it is, man I wish he had a few more interior pics. Mainly of the doors. It's a helpful book, but some areas are kinda in the grey lol.

Thanks for the help so far guys, I'm definitely learning new stuff as I go with this project!

Is that the red truck that has the lb7 in it? The one that sells that duramax swap book from dieselplace? If it is, man I wish he had a few more interior pics. Mainly of the doors. It's a helpful book, but some areas are kinda in the grey lol.

Thanks for the help so far guys, I'm definitely learning new stuff as I go with this project!

Other than the motor mount templates, I didn't use any other info from his guide. I stuck with stand-alone for mine, and it works flawlessly. Only thing I lost was the DIC in the factory DURAMAX cluster, everything else works just like it would if it came from GM.

To be honest, so far that's all I've gotten from it. I got a couple ideas where to start, like with the dash, but since it's kinda vague, I'm trying a couple different things to see if I can make it work. I'm wanting to go to the newer dash, as I like those a little bit better than the older style.

I ended up cutting my original door panels, and they seem to fit a little better. I won't know exactly how much to cut off until I get the dash completely bolted in.

Ferm, did you do the wiring harness for the standalone, or did you send it off?

I did my own and integrated it into my stock fuse panel. Most who look at it say it looks like GM would have built it from how I tied it all together.

Back