Radar Detectors

Robts

Proud Fummins Owner
Well got me some more tickets the other day. The funny thing is I wasnt going that fast. It was a f%^KN speed trap. It went from 40mph to 35 and the pig got me at 45mph. He even told me that he got me on radar at 45. I was in the Mazda and trust me Id rather get stop for speeding in the superduty.

The question is what radar detector should I buy

Oh yeah....The second one was for tinted windows......

Look into the Rocky Mountain Radar. It has a passive Jammer built into it.

They will help but consider it just an aid to the best detector... your eyes and common sense. Almost all law enforcement use instant on or laser, both of which will turn your radar detector into nothing more than a ticket is coming your way notifier. You'll learn to use it as such in no time if you don't pay attention lol.

Most Likely Expert on this Subject....

I have used, with common sense as stated previously, The Passport 8500,
Blue L.E.D. display. Worth every penny, put one in my wife's Accord also.
Ok so for all who don't know this much yet , here's the Skinny.......
4 major types of radar , 6 or 7 Total Known ways of detecting depending on State or Local Dept. Funds.
Radar Active Systems ( X, K, Ka, & Laser)
The 2-3 Passive Systems....(VASCAR, AERIAL usually a Cesna, & D.O.T. Cameras Mounted in Specific areas.
The easy one's first.......Passive, VASCAR = Time calculated by the time it takes your car to travel between A Starting and Stopping Point, These points are 90% of the time painted on the Road Perpendicular to your travel direction(usally Highway), But can be substituted for Lamp Posts or Mile markers or any stationary point 2 B Sneaky.
Point is for this system (VASCAR) needs to have an elevated vantage point where an Officer of the Peace, Does nothing but clock times on a stopwatch and radio them to Police or Troopers waiting ahead of the Trap, (usually in #'s of patrol cars exceeding 4-6. The main way to identify these traps is by going through the TRAP at Legal speed and Take NOTE of it's Location. The Time keeper is usually parked above an overpass you drive under or at the top of an overpass you drive over which turns into ann On Ramp.
2nd Aerial....watch the sky for small single engine Cesna's Flying Paralell to the Highway. (usually reserved for clear skies and good weather).
Cameras are usually found in high traffic areas (Metropolitan Infrastructure) Mounted well elevated and Usually attached to an Orange painted Stand.
Use Common Sense, weather conditions, and time of day, as changes in these factors can increase or decrease % of available Officers on the Road.
Now 4 Radar...........(X) rarely if ever used by State Police, Mostly found sounding a reading when you are in an old low population City either by PD but ABUNDANTLY going off every time it points towards the Automatic Doors on Supermarkets and any other location that uses Automatic Opening Doors.
(K) More commonly found being used by City Cops most likely not Troopers, But each State is different. The Big DADDY (Ka) Used by City PD and State Troopers. They can leave it on in their cars but can only take an accurate Trap Speed when they are Stationary. And Last but Certainly not Least (LASER), with laser they have the ability to use a focused beam and it has instant on/off capability. Laser is the hardest to beat along with (Ka) Band which can also have instant on/off ability which prevents an area with being saturated for sooner detection. As a definitive defense against Laser There are Laser Jammers, the jammers that work are 90% installed by professional tech's used mainly on high end Sports Cars, Lambo's, Porsche, etc. Mainlly b-cause they sell for close to $800-$1,200 (Jammer Only) But at that cost they usually protect the Front and Rear of your vehicle. The Best Jammers can be integrated with the Top of The Line same Brand Detector you choose.
Hope this all makes sense and make sure you do research on Test Reports found through Wikapedia or Google.
My personal pref as Stated B-4 is The Passport 8500, made by "Cincinati Microwave" coincidently they are the manufacturer of well over 85% of Police and Trooper Radar Speed Detectors. So in essence the same people make radar and radar detectors.....LOL ,only in our Country.
PS: Note some detectors can be detected in your vehicle by States that have outlawed radar detector use, while still some of the newer and better quality detectors are built with a built in stealth ability so they go undetected. Check your state and local laws and those states you would be driving through if applicable. Due Dillegence is your best Protection...:blahblah1: Sorry 4 da Looooong Post. Hope it helps and is informative, Stay Safe, and GO GO Diesel 4 Ever !!! :Cheer:

FYI, Mike Valentine was the head guru at Cincinati Microwave... He left them and started Valentine One, and he's been building the best since!

the V1 will never be obsolete. That's why they call it Valentine One... you can have it updated as they come out with new versions

I0MHO Both the V1 & the Passport 8500 Are The Poo, But if i could pick a detector 4 Life <<PassPort 9500 GPS w/ VG2 and Then Add The Laser Jammer. REMEMBER : There are many good options, they are amoung 4-6 other complete fakes, Do Your HOMEWORK. _AND_ Remember, Other Factor's can not be regarded as unimportant, 1. Time Of Day, 2. Weather Conditions,
3. Safety and knowing your limits as a Driver. Respecting others. When all elae fails hire an attorney and plead NO CONTEST When It Is apppropriate.

definately drive to the conditions around you! when it's early morning and I can't see any tail lights, I definately slow it down a bit, etc.

don't forget about Ku. Get's me every time in New Mexico haha

Back