random high egt's??

Boogaloons

Not sure if I'm just paranoid or am having an issue with the truck. On flat ground I usually see about 580-610 degrees at 65 mph. Recently, I have seen an egt spike on the same roads, same speed, no extra load, etc... I haven't been able to figure what triggers it or pinpoint what maybe causing it, but my egt's will jump from 600-900 and then go back down after about 10 min. It does happen at varying intervals, sometimes it takes 2 min to return, last night took 15 min.

Any ideas on what it could be? I'm stuck between if it's a fuel or air issues, truck does not change running temperature, sputtering, smoke, etc... everything is exactly the same except the egt numbers... :bang

easy fix

Any way to test or pour some magic liquid in next tank to help? Can't do injectors right now and the truck can't be down long enough for me to send these in and get tested...

Confusion

Well after a brief time away due to miscommunication...

How can I test the injectors without taking them out of the truck? Any scanner that will fire them individually? And the truck does run great most of the time, so how can I "trigger" the sticking?

have you ruled out the pyro?

i think you would notice it running worse than normal... possibly.

find a good scan tool and see what you can see.

have you ruled out the pyro?

i think you would notice it running worse than normal... possibly.

find a good scan tool and see what you can see.

Haven't thought about it since I recently got a new probe and it did the same before as well. It is mounted on the back 2 cylinders though, previous owner did the install.

I thought if it was an injector I would definitely notice it. All I see is egt's go up and my lie-o-meter mpg drops to 15 from 22. Not even a stutter from the engine :bang

def not a good spot for the probe. its not the problem if you have replaced it but i would pull the manifold soon. plug that port he drilled then put it where its supposed to be regardless.

and yes a good scanner will give you injector data. it wont be a contribution test like you would get on a 7.3 persay but you will get voltages.

why dont you start by removing the VC and ohm out each injector.?

why dont you start by removing the VC and ohm out each injector.?

Partly because I have no idea how to. If I get a hold of a scanner capable of reading injector voltages, what exactly am I looking for? High ohms, low ohms, large differences?

def not a good spot for the probe. its not the problem if you have replaced it but i would pull the manifold soon. plug that port he drilled then put it where its supposed to be regardless.

And I figured it would be ok since the back 2 cylinders run hotter anyway, correct?

Back