Rattle can oem paint for grille?

Diesel Inside

I got quoted 10 bucks a can from local dodge dealer for oem paint code pdr mineral grey? for my 02. Have any of yall had luck with getting the color to match and or have used this?

Also, I have thought about duplicolor perfect match or automotivetouchup.com but have heard mixed reviews.

I just figured if it matches and I can do it all myself I can get done for about 30 bucks. And I will have fun doing it myself.

you will also need to strip the chrome off of the grille to get the paint to stick very well, which sucks. I have tried it and that stuff does not come off easily.

10 bucks is cheap for a color matches areosol can, my local shop charger 16 for the tall can, whatever paint code you need

i had a mettalic green 04 chevy that i used those cans to paint a visor and vent shades etc....it worked very good

id worry about how your going to get the
color to stick on the chrom before worrying
about the color match.

There's some stuff called bulldog that the local buddy has told me is great to spray on chrome before paint.

I am hoping that the color will stick to the adhesion promoter. And I bet you would worry about the color too. If I cant get it to stick I will buy a paintable grille but I figured I would take my time with this one since it is in perfect condition I just dont want the paint to be horribly off.

And the hood and fender were recently painted so I hope all the new paint will line up.

And forrest I am hoping that they did all the hard work and mixed it properly hah.

1. It wont match (maybe, but not likely)

2. a new plastic paint-able grille will need to be baked at 120* for a few hrs to remove remove the plastic oils.

3. Adhesion promoter is a must.

4. The factory grilles dont match anyway.

1. It wont match (maybe, but not likely)

2. a new plastic paint-able grille will need to be baked at 120* for a few hrs to remove remove the plastic oils.

3. Adhesion promoter is a must.

4. The factory grilles dont match anyway.

I did not know that about the plastic grille so thank you for that if I go that route.

And yep my chrome grille in now lost in a sea of grey...

Back