rebuilding a 6.4

black4x4

Cheater Motor sports
anyone rebuild one of these yet. anyone know of a good sources for a rebuild kit with bearings and gaskets?

Just curious?

You have Carnage or are you just wanting to mod the motor itself?
First rebuild question I've seen for a 6.4...Just wondered what happened.

Im workin a deal on a 08 and it has something heart in number 8 and possibly the bottom end so yes it has carnage.

You have Carnage or are you just wanting to mod the motor itself?
First rebuild question I've seen for a 6.4...Just wondered what happened.

I have actually found a couple of '08's that have had blown engines, Problems of some sort..

Hmmm International or Ford. I dont have anything from any of the aftermarkets yet, however I have no really looked into it all that much.

Mine is getting a new top end as we speak

01_25_10_0847-Copy.jpg

01_25_10_0848-Copy.jpg

01_25_10_0849.jpg

01_25_10_0850.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Im workin a deal on a 08 and it has something heart in number 8 and possibly the bottom end so yes it has carnage.

The 6.4s that I have seen that had bottom end problems had melted pistons and pretty severe cylinder wall damage. you will probably be looking at a shortblock and at least 1 head.

6.4 Rebuild

Call Josh @ Jags Pro Truck Shop In Zimmerman Mn
He Is Resonable, Honest And Knows His Way Around These Engines And Can Mod It Out As Nasty As You Want It To Be.
Best Wishes C.j.

Not ripping on Josh, but as far as I know, he hasn't even finished his build up on the FIRST 6.4 he's torn into. I'm sure he's doing a great job, but I don't think he's an expert.

Call Josh @ Jags Pro Truck Shop In Zimmerman Mn
He Is Resonable, Honest And Knows His Way Around These Engines And Can Mod It Out As Nasty As You Want It To Be.
Best Wishes C.j.

as nasty as he wants? what has he done with a 6.4 to make it "nasty" ?

How nasty

as nasty as he wants? what has he done with a 6.4 to make it "nasty" ?

You will just have to wait and see.
Enough pump modding that spartan has to re write a program badder than whats available now for current modded pumps.

Back