Redding Dragstrip is Back!

Rustin

Let the Beatings Begin!
Folks, The Redding Dragstrip is back!

A new non-profit organization has grabbed the reigns and convinced the "City of Redding" That it can take care of the property. Our first race is on April 12th. I will have more details soon! Till then here is the link to the Redding Dragstrip Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/reddingdragstrip
I had a thread on this subject, but for some reason it was closed?

Last edited:
Be better of running the diesel's vs gas for awhile. Get the hype going

phone

Are you a partial owner now Rustin? Keep me informed. I would love to attend anything down there and do what I can to help support the track.

Are you a partial owner now Rustin? Keep me informed. I would love to attend anything down there and do what I can to help support the track.

No, I am not. But I will keep current everyone with information.

That was the worst track I have ever raced on, went there multiple times and it got worse every time. last year watching them try to get something working with the timing lights was about like watching the wacko radioman try and get some of the radio gear working on the old diesel submarine in the movie Down Periscope. Any chance the lights are going to work now? How about track prep any chance the new group will do any of that. The track for the first 200 feet was so damn slick you could hardly stand up walking in it. NHRDA was forced to leave because of the above mentioned problems. It's a pretty close race for me, only about a 6 hour drive and just a little over 300 miles. I love to see a good strip in Redding.

That was the worst track I have ever raced on, went there multiple times and it got worse every time. last year watching them try to get something working with the timing lights was about like watching the wacko radioman try and get some of the radio gear working on the old diesel submarine in the movie Down Periscope. Any chance the lights are going to work now? How about track prep any chance the new group will do any of that. The track for the first 200 feet was so damn slick you could hardly stand up walking in it. NHRDA was forced to leave because of the above mentioned problems. It's a pretty close race for me, only about a 6 hour drive and just a little over 300 miles. I love to see a good strip in Redding.

Everything you said was correct, except the NHRDA leaving Redding. You forgot to mention the very large gouge down one of the lanes. The new group is not pocketing any profits. They are going to take everything that they have earned and put it back into the track for improvements. So, be patient and give them time and support. We were all disappointed in how the track was neglected, but, this will be a new chapter for the track. I predict that this track will be challenging till the income is re-established, and improvements can be made.

I was curious why there was no nhrda race up there this year. I wasn't even aware that the track was closed. I guess that shows how up to date I am with things...

Hopefully they get it together and we can have another major event up there soon.

I was curious why there was no nhrda race up there this year. I wasn't even aware that the track was closed. I guess that shows how up to date I am with things...

Hopefully they get it together and we can have another major event up there soon.

It was uncertain if and when the track was going to open. You would have to talk to the people at Jefferson State Diesel about that one.

Same thing happened last year at Onondaga Dragway in MidMichigan. Bunch of racers raised money and got help to open the track back up after 35 years closed.

It'll take the help of contractors who donate their time/materials to get your track up to par, too. Good luck to the men and women supporting this effort. Hope they are able to see the dream through.

Same thing happened last year at Onondaga Dragway in MidMichigan. Bunch of racers raised money and got help to open the track back up after 35 years closed.

It'll take the help of contractors who donate their time/materials to get your track up to par, too. Good luck to the men and women supporting this effort. Hope they are able to see the dream through.

Thank you!

Any words of encouragement from Competition Diesel and its members, please post to their FB page. It would be awesome. Businesses that have FB pages, please post on there to show your support! This will go a long way, and will light the fire and get them more excited!

Well I wish you all nothing but luck. As far as NHRDA leaving, that was what I was told at the end of last year's race. Two years in row the lights wouldn't work. I know Randy and Jefferson State tried their best but didn't happen. I forgot about the gouge. I will have to admit one of the best drag races I ever saw was Andrea Coddens racing Jarid Vollmer in Prostreet last year, it was a photo finish with Andrea beating him by a fraction. Took awhile to determine the winner but Andrea's win light did come on. No one was sure it was working right so they had to go to the video.

Well I wish you all nothing but luck. As far as NHRDA leaving, that was what I was told at the end of last year's race. Two years in row the lights wouldn't work. I know Randy and Jefferson State tried their best but didn't happen. I forgot about the gouge. I will have to admit one of the best drag races I ever saw was Andrea Coddens racing Jarid Vollmer in Prostreet last year, it was a photo finish with Andrea beating him by a fraction. Took awhile to determine the winner but Andrea's win light did come on. No one was sure it was working right so they had to go to the video.

That was an excellent run!

In time, things will get better.

Back