Regular Bed on a C&C??????

Bosshawg600

PDP.com FireFighter
Ok, I still looking for the information I need, but seems as not too many people have any Idea. But my basic Idea is to take a C&C Reg. cab truck, put a be on it and stretch it, but i dont know what is all involved in getting the regular bed to fit on the narrow frame rails of a C&C truck???

My basic idea with all of this, is to make what I think is the perfect work truck. Good power, compfort, fuel mileage and still get the job done!!!

Ive been searching for a wjile and have had this idea in the back of my head, but came across a 2008 F450 with everything I want at a great price, so this idea can grow some legs pretty quick!!!

Heres a pic for some reference......

3K43Jd3o35L15Y15Fccc775cb1406bb541d1e.jpg

Basic run down....

-10' regular bed (either a 2010 or 2012 DRW bed)
-clean it up, get it less "Basic Work Truck" and add some buckets seats, nice stereo and so on
-4" lift or so with some nice wheels and tires

I think the lift and tires will off set the stretched bed visually and really make it a sharp truck!!!!

-shoot for about a 600hp goal and use it every day commuting to and from work

So how much work am I getting myself into trying to get a bed to fit on the truck? That really is my only stopping point because i havent been able to find any information on how to do it right!

cab and chassis

there is some pics on here, somewhere..... maybe search "crew cab" second gen. dodge. Seemed like there was a guy who did that but extended the cab rather than the bed. If you have seen the F600 trucks with a dually bed on them it is a very similar process. Just takes time and money.

Not sure on a ford, but a chev cab and chassis rear axle is narrower than a dually pickup axle, and the wheels are set a ways back in the wheelwells .

Back