remove new style ats torque converter

just like any other converter. Remove transmission, pull torque converter off input shaft.

Lavon

What might this new ATS converter be?

Five Star or the old new Triple LOK

And like all converters in all transmissions they all come out the same...

curtisray is gone. Never to be seen again. Lost in the world of automatic transmissions. Someday he will return to the world of making potato vodka.

the anwser i was looking for is there, is the lil whole in the block adpter.. dont worry someone more helpful told me u have to remove the bolts through it instead of it being easy... idiots

snip... dont worry someone more helpful told me u have to remove the bolts through it instead of it being easy... idiots

Says the man asking a question about an '05 in the '98-'02 section. Nice comment for being a little over three months late.
:banned:

Its still the same, as any other tq converter.

Maybe you should ask the right question.

And we're the IDIOTS, If you dont know the basics maybe you should put down the wrenches and let someone that knows what they're talking about do the work.

the anwser i was looking for is there, is the lil whole in the block adpter.. dont worry someone more helpful told me u have to remove the bolts through it instead of it being easy... idiots

Considering the vague question you asked I'd say you got the answers you were looking for. Had you said "How do I remove the converter from the flexplate before pulling the transmission" we would have told you to undo the inspection port cover on the bottom of the bellhousing and undo the bolts one at a time through that.

Back