Resealed ve no start

maxwedgehead

I had a guy want me to reseal his ve pump and put gsk and fuel pin in it so he took the pump off brought it to me and wanted to watch I said fine. I put the seals in he wanted and the kit. He put the pump back on and is getting fuel to his injectors but it won't take off. I haven't looked at it yet but I'm lost for ideas. He said he called the place he got the parts from and he told them about when he pulled it it popped and he said he didn't move the shaft and before I did anything I locked the shaft when he went to put it on he said the shaft was off and rotated the engine to meet the shaft. The shop said they think when he did that its out of time. The only way I see that is of the gear skipped a tooth or 2. Any ideas??

Last edited:
Is he getting a little trickle of fuel or a good spray at the injectors?

Pump only goes on one way. If it's out of time then the key fell out or he didn't line the pump timing mark back up with the case mark, or like Jon said is out of time internally.

If he moved the motor before the pump went back in it's gonna be wrong, time to start fresh.

180 out on the cam plate?
i thought about it but i never moved the shaft and i put the plate back in to where the shaft would line up with the plate so i dont think so but maybe...
Is he getting a little trickle of fuel or a good spray at the injectors?
not sure, may be just a trickle
Pump only goes on one way. If it's out of time then the key fell out or he didn't line the pump timing mark back up with the case mark, or like Jon said is out of time internally.
thats my thoughts
If he moved the motor before the pump went back in it's gonna be wrong, time to start fresh.

what do you mean?

If he pulled the pump then went to put it back on and had to move the motor it's out of time.

If he pulled the pump then went to put it back on and had to move the motor it's out of time.

Only if the pump gear didn't stay meshed or the key fell out.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Another thing it could be is the fuel screw isn't in far enough or the throttle indexing is off. I'd start with making sure the indexing is right, then the fuel screw. If that doesn't do it then you will most likely need to pull the pump and check it out.

We talked about it and it seems like there's something internal or timing that may be off

Another thing it could be is the fuel screw isn't in far enough

^ I noticed that when a friend broke the fulcrum level off in a pump, fuel would get to the injectors and all but no fire.

Popped the pump, tigged up the lever, put everything back to the T, fired off! Obviously had to reset where the screw was.

triple checked everything, pulled pump top off checked fulcrum it all works, the pump appears in time and everything works, front of truck will be pulled and timing checked..

Back