Retro solutions

Ackerdiesel

Anyone ever had to have warranty work done on retro parts? I've got a ballast that went down and now I'm wondering what to expect from them. My kit is less than a month old

Ryan

I have no parts from them but from Unique Coatingz and they all have a lifetime warranty on them.

But then I did have a bulb go out and called them about it, they wanted me to take it out and send it to them. They would test it and send out another accordingly. Thats fine and it makes sense but this is my DD so I cant wait 2+ weeks for it to get there, get tested, replaced and sent out to me.

I bought a new pair of bulbs off ebay and now I have an extra.

Months later my bixenon harness relay went out. These are not your standard SPDT relay from your local parts store. I called my supplier again and they didnt have any in stock ::UGH::

Ebay to the rescue with TWO harnesses at $12 each. That gave me a replacement and a backup.

Warranties are fine if your ride sits in the garage most of the time. If its a daily driver, you cant wait that long for a replacement part. I cant anyway.

Anyone ever had to have warranty work done on retro parts? I've got a ballast that went down and now I'm wondering what to expect from them. My kit is less than a month old

Ryan

I had a bulb go bad.... and I dreaded sending it back because of the time it would take.... but I had it back in around a week.... their costumer service is top notch

I had a ballast go out and i had a new one before i got the old one boxed up. Great customer service.

Had an account issue just now getting back but I got mine fixed easily. Great customer service. Will purchase from them again

Ryan

I've always used them. Just got my kits for my headlights and driving lights yesterday...gonna install them tomorrow in my new truck.

I've always used them. Just got my kits for my headlights and driving lights yesterday...gonna install them tomorrow in my new truck.

Let me know if you have any issues. I haven't found conclusive info for the 2010+ trucks.

They say to use the relay harnesses and it'll eliminate any issues. I'll find out tomorrow I guess.

394335_3826760667196_122195776_n.jpg

Zero issues at all Daniel...both kits work perfectly. No flickering or any other issues I can see. Can't wait for a night test later.

Zero issues at all Daniel...both kits work perfectly. No flickering or any other issues I can see. Can't wait for a night test later.

thanks for the update rich. i just ordered the same kit you got pictured there for my sport light conversion on my 99. should put out ALOT more light than factory

I just did a short drive...obviously they're substantially brighter than stock bulbs but they are a little splotchy. You're gonna get that with any HID in a non projector housing though. I only really noticed it when only the heads were on...throw the fogs on too and it filled in everything much better.

I had a relay and a bulb eat chit at the same time. Other than being a PITA (midnight, out of town), RS made it right ASAP.

For me was not such a good deal, I installd and with in 2 hours had a ballast go for a crap, then a week later I had a bulb blow and 3 weeks later my fog light ballest went for a crap. Now there customer service was good as they always said send it back we will test it and send another one or buy a new one and they would ship it out today and when we test your other one we will refund credit card, which is what I did for the forst one but due to me living in Canada cost more money to ship it then just to go buy a new one from up here so thats what I did. I had a friend install same kit as me at the same time and the only thing he has gone wrong but 4-5 months after install was a fog light ballest.

Back