rpm question

bogger

last weekend i sled pulled my truck in 2nd gear low range and granted i only have about 270 rwhp but i figured it would turn more rpm's than what it did. I was only turning about 2300-2400. This is with 3.55 gears and I was running my 33in cooper stt's. I didn't choose to lockup my converter cuz it was running pretty good. I guess I'm just curious if this rpm range is normal or should i have been turning higher? also i think my boost was only around 20ish.

last weekend i sled pulled my truck in 2nd gear low range and granted i only have about 270 rwhp but i figured it would turn more rpm's than what it did. I was only turning about 2300-2400. This is with 3.55 gears and I was running my 33in cooper stt's. I didn't choose to lockup my converter cuz it was running pretty good. I guess I'm just curious if this rpm range is normal or should i have been turning higher? also i think my boost was only around 20ish.

Well based on the info in your signature.....

I can't help ya, might fill it in, I know you mentioned 270HP, but do you have a DMAX, FORD, BMW?

**** my bad bud i had filled out my sig but it must not have took. yeah its a 12 valve cummins. i'll fill it back in again

also for this upcoming pull i'll be using my 33in sts's as opposed to my coopers

my apologies again sorry guys i'm not a rookie just not using my head. stock injectors and turbo and my timing is at 16.
crabbelle i can free rev it up to 4k if i want. i had the truck in 2nd and powerbraked it to maybe 1400 then let it out.

Back