Rubbing noise on front passenger wheel

BgBlDodge

Hates hippies
I bought my truck about two weeks ago and so far have been loving it. My first superduty. Bought it's developed an issue over the last couple days I need some help with. Truck has 915 miles on it by the way.

I parked the truck sunday and haven't touched it since. It's sat in my driveway as I was out of town. Got home thursday night and took it to dinner and heard this rubbing sound coming from the passenger side. Sounds like a warped rotor on a brake lathe. It doesn't do it at idle or in reverse, only when moving forward. Pressing the brakes doesn't make it go away and it progressively gets faster as you speed up. I can't see anything rubbing on the rotor and making a mark. Took it to the dealer and they said it was rust on the rotors. I've put over a 100 miles on the truck since last night (I like to drive) so it's not the rotors. No pulsing in the brake pedal either.

Yall got any ideas before I start ripping the front end apart to do ford's job? Thanks.

IMG_20111015_145119.jpg

That's the cause of the noise. A cotter pin caught between the dust shield and the rotor.

good that you found it. is it an extra or is something critical missing a cooter oin

Back