s300

GENESIS01

Learning as I Go
Wassup guys...may I ask for some much needed help? My buddy and I are trying to apply an s300 to his 2000 model dodge. First attempt was with a non wastegated housing...needless to say it was way to big...so we downgraded to a smaller turbine housing w/a w/gate. he has a 125 hp quad. xzillerater and a 70 hp superchip max micro tuner. 150hp injectors and an a/d 150. Plenty of fuel. with the new housing it spools somewhat quicker but we haven't even peaked over thirty yet and his ECT'S are through the roof. We have no EGT mon. not yet.

Need some help what in the world will get this thing to spool...we have adjusted the boost elbow on the housing to full turn to allow as much exhaust we can to hit the turbine and still nothing. It's a fumigation of smoke a/f ratio sucks!

Any help as you know is awesome and I thank you for any input available. :tree:
GENESIS01 out.

Wassup guys...may I ask for some much needed help? My buddy and I are trying to apply an s300 to his 2000 model dodge. First attempt was with a non wastegated housing...needless to say it was way to big...so we downgraded to a smaller turbine housing w/a w/gate. he has a 125 hp quad. xzillerater and a 70 hp superchip max micro tuner. 150hp injectors and an a/d 150. Plenty of fuel. with the new housing it spools somewhat quicker but we haven't even peaked over thirty yet and his ECT'S are through the roof. We have no EGT mon. not yet.

Need some help what in the world will get this thing to spool...we have adjusted the boost elbow on the housing to full turn to allow as much exhaust we can to hit the turbine and still nothing. It's a fumigation of smoke a/f ratio sucks!

Any help as you know is awesome and I thank you for any input available. :tree:
GENESIS01 out.

theres about 500 s300's. got a part number, wheel and housing sizes, something?

First thing we thought, our first boot got blown off major, we got a thicker boot and fasteners. No leak this time. I haven't done much borg/warner research, but is there a certain classification that goes along with the w/gates depending on the size of the housing. I'm concerned that this one is just way to large. Course I woldn't doubt if I am off there.

Sure doesn't seem all that large to me. Actually, that is a small turbo comparatively. What size is the turbine housing?
Seems like there may be something up with the install???

the #'s above are the turbine housing numbers i'm sorry about that. Honestly the turbo does seem small to me...it just makes no sense. no exh. leaks no boost leaks we have all the fuel in the world we need to spool this thing. we had to mate a new housing on it because like I said the first one was just huge!

Sure doesn't seem all that large to me. Actually, that is a small turbo comparatively. What size is the turbine housing?
Seems like there may be something up with the install???

Your pic is awesome by the way haha:rockwoot:

preload the waste gate more. they come from II with a solid 5/16-3/8" of preload. pull the turbo off to do it, you will never get the arm back on with it on the truck. (ask me how i know)

haa well guess what we found...lol he forgot to put two bolts on the manifold towards the #5 and #6 injectors. we were losing about twenty lbs. but we got it up to forty five now. haha thank God

x2 on the pyro... i see 55lbs + on my 3rd gen with a 62 71 14..... coupled with a manifold my egts are decently low...but i can get it high....better watch that fella!

I will and its funny you mention that to because the ECT'S have skyrocketed on that truck...they have lowered some since we sealed the leak but still it's running over 190 and the worst part his truck for some reason takes forever to cool...so that's def on the list.

Thank you for all the input.

Back